Author Topic: GSX Beta Follow Me Crash  (Read 4275 times)

emrerocky

GSX Beta Follow Me Crash
« on: July 25, 2015, 02:29:59 am »
Hello,

I have been using the new beta of GSX and have found a problem where everytime a follow me vehicle arrives at my aircraft, it says Cauatl v3.0 has crashed.  This is the error log it shows:

Code: [Select]
couatl v3.0 (build 3142)
panic log started on Fri Jul 24 17:27:43 2015

problem raised by addon <unknown>Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 67, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File "couatl\GSX\parkingServices\followMe.py", line 448, in do
  File "couatl\common\simObjectMoverIK.py", line 378, in run
RuntimeError: cruise speed must be positive

Hope this helps :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Beta Follow Me Crash
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 11:43:56 am »
This issue has been discussed many times already ( you could have searched the forum for "cruise speed must be positive" ), for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10287.msg80270.html#msg80270
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9747.msg76931.html#msg76931

This error indicates the scenery AFCAD has an error, like overlapping nodes, orphaned nodes, unconnected links, unreachable parkings, etc. You might try to fix it using the ADE or AFX "Fault Finder" options, or at least having an idea what's wrong with the AFCAD, and report it to the developers.

If would be helpful if you said which scenery you used.

AFavors

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 11:30:05 pm »
Same problem for me, but it manifests itself rather differently. My error only happens when calling for a follow-me car to take me to the runway. It was at the default KMIA in FSX. I was at parking spot 14 in the FedEx terminal. Also at that same spot in the same terminal, I had the pushback truck spin me around in a complete 180 and pull me out from underneath me. Just to spin me back around and push me out correctly into the turn. I was flying the PMDG777F when this happened.

Here's the error log for the take me to the runway failure:
couatl v3.0 (build 3142)
panic log started on Sun Jul 26 03:13:19 2015

problem raised by addon <unknown>Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 67, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File "couatl\GSX\parkingServices\followMe.py", line 448, in do
  File "couatl\common\simObjectMoverIK.py", line 378, in run
RuntimeError: cruise speed must be positive

I've already checked the previous posts about this, but I don't know how or where to change AFCAD files and have never done so. I've been in and out of KMIA frequently but never had this happen until last night. I'm using the latest build of the beta couatl (I think). Another reason I don't believe its quite the same failure as in previous posts is because it doesn't happen when I request a follow-me vehicle to take me to the gate.
i7-2600 Overclocked Turbo Boost to 3.9GHz
 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz
 Dual 1.5GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 - SLI
1TB SATA 3Gb/s (7,200RPM) 32MB Cache
 High-Performance CPU Liquid Cooling
 875W Multi-GPU Approved PSU
 Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1
 FSX SP2 (no Acceleration)

emrerocky

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 02:00:14 am »
This issue has been discussed many times already ( you could have searched the forum for "cruise speed must be positive" ), for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10287.msg80270.html#msg80270
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9747.msg76931.html#msg76931

This error indicates the scenery AFCAD has an error, like overlapping nodes, orphaned nodes, unconnected links, unreachable parkings, etc. You might try to fix it using the ADE or AFX "Fault Finder" options, or at least having an idea what's wrong with the AFCAD, and report it to the developers.

If would be helpful if you said which scenery you used.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Fault Finder".  At the airport where this happened (KBOS), I was not using any custom scenery for that airport.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 06:40:27 pm »
My error only happens when calling for a follow-me car to take me to the runway

Which runway ?

It was at the default KMIA in FSX. I was at parking spot 14 in the FedEx terminal.

Now, with this information, we can check if this is a problem of the program. In any case, it would be helpful if you could also check which AFCAD is in use by GSX because, even if your scenery is default, you might still have a 3rd-party AFCAD, which usually comes with product like AI traffic packages.

Use the "Customize airport position" GSX option, and check the name of the AFACD in use at KMIA, listed in the top left of the window.

AFavors

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 10:22:00 pm »
I was using runway 12 that night. I have also tried using this feature at HECA(Cairo, Egypt), and at LFPG(Paris, France). Unfortunately, for those 2, I didn't document the where and too. Honestly, It doesn't seem to matter for me. All works well until the follow-me car actually arrives. Then the warning pops up and gsx closes. If I try to restart it and select different runways, once the car gets there...same thing.

As for the next question, I'll have to get back with you after this flight I'm currently on, to check. I'll be sure to post the results.

And once again Thanks,
Aaron
i7-2600 Overclocked Turbo Boost to 3.9GHz
 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz
 Dual 1.5GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 - SLI
1TB SATA 3Gb/s (7,200RPM) 32MB Cache
 High-Performance CPU Liquid Cooling
 875W Multi-GPU Approved PSU
 Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1
 FSX SP2 (no Acceleration)