Author Topic: not finding AFCAD for Flightbeam PHX  (Read 2870 times)

swaluver88

not finding AFCAD for Flightbeam PHX
« on: July 27, 2015, 03:55:08 am »
Hello, i just got back from a 4 day trip for work and opened my fsx to do a quck flight, and GSX redid the airport cache and now cant find the PHX AFCAD any answers?
swavirtual.com member. Pilot id: SWA5931

swaluver88

Re: not finding AFCAD for Flightbeam PHX
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 04:04:20 am »
Airport cache not valid: got error CreateFile failed: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (system:32), accessing C:/ProgramData/Virtuali/Couatl/fsx/files.bin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 06:36:50 pm »
Airport cache not valid: got error CreateFile failed: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (system:32), accessing C:/ProgramData/Virtuali/Couatl/fsx/files.bin

This could be caused by one of these issue:

- You restarted FSX too quickly after you closed it last time, not giving it enough time to release all open files and close are executables that it started. Try launching FSX after Windows restart to fix this.

- Another software, like an antivirus, is locking that folder. It shouldn't, since it doesn't contain any executables and it has been created by our installer, but it wouldn't be the first time we saw such antivirus mistakes. If this is the case, exclude the C:\ProgramData\Virtuali folder from the antivirus scanning.

swaluver88

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 04:39:15 pm »
I fixed it by restarting my computer and after i deleted that GSX folder and saving it on a different drive as a back up. I have to close my FSX by task manager or either wait a half hour later to press yes to exit out.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 05:47:21 pm »
I fixed it by restarting my computer and after i deleted that GSX folder and saving it on a different drive as a back up.

What do you mean with "GSX folder" ?

If you mean the C:\ProgramData\Virtuali I told you to exclude from the antivirus scanning, there wasn't any need to backup it, because it's a folder that will be regenerated automatically by GSX when regenerating the cache.

If, instead, you mean the fsdreamteam\Couatl\GSX folder, there wasn't any need to remove it and make a backup, because this folder is one of the (many) folders installed by GSX with its own installer, so it's no use making a backup of it, and in fact it might be even confusing, since the installer *download* the most current version of files belonging to this folder anyway, so you don't need to backup what was already included in the installer, and will likely be obsolete very soon.

I have to close my FSX by task manager or either wait a half hour later to press yes to exit out.

Do you mean your *FSX* doesn't close normally, and it takes 30 minutes to see the standard exit confirmation dialog from FSX ?

If this is the case, that explains why you had this problem: if you force-quit FSX, because you cannot quit normally, it might not close correctly all open files and close are executables that it started, so you probably had Couatl.exe still running in the background, which explains your problem.

Just to be more precise: it's not that Couatl can prevent your FSX to close. It's the opposite: *because* your FSX cannot close cleanly (unless you wait 30 minutes, which is not normal and unheard of), Couatl cannot be notified it's time to quit, because it's FSX itself that must send a message to it to close, because it was FSX that started it so, if you force-quit FSX, it's likely that Couatl will never get that message to quit, and will continue running in the background, so you will have to force-quit Couatl too, using the Task Manager.

This is not normal, and doesn't have anything to do with GSX, you should try to fix this issue first, because it will affect many other FSX products too.

swaluver88

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 04:21:32 pm »
It no big problem now, it just seems everytime i come back from a vacation 2+ more days GSX seems to screw up on me. Im not worried anymore, it seems to working just fine now.