Author Topic: XPOI issues  (Read 7255 times)

seippg

XPOI issues
« on: July 26, 2015, 10:24:06 pm »
First, let me say I'm running the latest beta Couatl.  I installed XPOI today (reinstalled the beta Couatl afterward).  XPOI starts and I see all the icons.  I try to go into Settings and all I get is a small dialog that says has a title photo and three buttons: OK, Cancel and Apply...nothing else.  Nothing at all like is in the manual.  Also, I can't close it...none of the three buttons close the dialog so I have to close by rightclicking the app on the Windows Toolbar.

Also, I am running the latest version of XPOI.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 11:13:48 pm by seippg »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: XPOI issues
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 07:50:00 pm »
Thank for the report, you found a little bug in the Live update feature of the Couatl Beta installer. If you download and reinstall the Couatl 3 Public Beta installer now, it should work.

seippg

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 09:16:33 pm »
Thanks Umberto.  I just tried the installer from the top post in the thread below...installation went fine but I still have the issue. 

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11796.0.html

Gregg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 10:41:08 pm »
Thanks Umberto.  I just tried the installer from the top post in the thread below...installation went fine but I still have the issue. 

That's because the updated version is not online yet (it's still uploading now). Try again in an hour or so.

seippg

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 08:15:30 pm »
Mark it as solved.  It's working after I installed the beta this morning. 

One thing, if there's an update to XPOI, it would be nice to be able have an entry for 'Wineries' (Or the addition of a keyword list where we could add words.

Gregg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 10:25:37 pm »
One thing, if there's an update to XPOI, it would be nice to be able have an entry for 'Wineries' (Or the addition of a keyword list where we could add words.

XPOI use the community-mantained online database at geonames.org, so its categories match what's has been defined there. This is the complete list of their codes:

http://www.geonames.org/export/codes.html

Most of the buildings are listed in the "Spot" main category, and I can see there are breweries, oil mills, farms, but no wineries. However, it might be possible that some actual wineries might have been included as farms or something similar in that category.