Author Topic: bglmanx/couatl issues **SOLVED**  (Read 5684 times)

seippg

bglmanx/couatl issues **SOLVED**
« on: July 22, 2015, 02:12:28 am »
So, a couple of weeks ago I was getting errors from FSX saying there were problems with bglmanx.  I followed the troubleshooting steps out there but nothing helped.  I uninstalled it, did a little flying without my FSDT and Flightbeam airports and went on vacation.  Today, I thought I might try following some of the tips here on the forum again.  I turned off antivirus, excluded couatl.exe and bglmanx.dll and, reinstalled (repaired) the 2013 VS runtimes and reinstalled Flightbeam KIAD (I also own KIAH, Fort Lauderdale, Vancouver, and Flighbeam Phoenix).  I started FSX at KIAD but no buildings showed up so I downloaded the latest add on manager.  It went fine, everything seemed to work.  I started FSX at KIAD, got no errors, but the buildings were on the runway.  I then downloaded the latest KIAD, and reinstalled and this time I had this error:

couatl v3.0 (build 3142)
panic log started on Tue Jul 21 18:51:33 2015

problem raised by addon <unknown>Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 39, in loadAddons
  File "<string>", line 27, in importAndCreateInstance
ImportError: No module named LiveUpdate
Added Menu SubItem "Restart Couatl" (parentId 67, id 68)
Added Menu SubItem "Key Mappings..." (parentId 67, id 69)
Added Menu SubItem "Show YouControl Menu        Ctrl+F12" (parentId 67, id 73)
Current locale is English_United States.1252

Sigh.  
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 06:33:52 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: bglmanx/couatl issues
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 09:42:42 am »
Your log shows you are running the Couatl 3 Beta, which means you surely installed it before.

As explained on the Beta thread, if you install any non-Beta FSDT/Flightbeam installer after having installed the Beta, you MUST reinstall the Beta as the last thing you do, otherwise you'll end up with a mis-match of files from old/new version, since the old installers don't know anything about the Beta.

This, of course, won't be needed when we'll be out of Beta, since all FSDT/Flightbeam installers will be updated to contain everything included in the Beta, so the order of installation won't matter anymore.

seippg

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 12:43:33 pm »
I must have installed the beta when I was trying to get it resolved before I went on vacation.  If it's not helpful to me getting the issue resolved, I'd just as soon run the latest stable.  Do I just uninstall add-on manager and reinstall the latest production one?

Gregg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 05:19:27 pm »
If it's not helpful to me getting the issue resolved, I'd just as soon run the latest stable.  Do I just uninstall add-on manager and reinstall the latest production one?

Have you read my reply carefully ? The problem is NOT caused by the fact you installed the Beta, the problem is caused by having installed a NON-Beta product AFTER the Beta!

That's why I said:

if you install any non-Beta FSDT/Flightbeam installer after having installed the Beta, you MUST reinstall the Beta as the last thing you do

This means, you only need to reinstall either the Couatl 3 Beta or the GSX Beta as the last thing you do

seippg

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 01:16:33 am »
I want to get the beta off and go back to production.

Gregg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 09:07:48 am »
I want to get the beta off and go back to production.

The Beta is going to be official in very short time and the old version won't be available anymore so, you want to fix the issue that, as I've said, has been caused by having installed a non-beta product after having tried the Beta ( Flightbeam KIAD, according to your own report ), and will be easily fixed by installing either the Couatl 3 Beta or the GSX Beta as the last thing you do.

seippg

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 06:26:21 pm »
Issue resolved.