Author Topic: CANNOT Use airport veichles in JFK ???  (Read 6683 times)

copilot767

CANNOT Use airport veichles in JFK ???
« on: October 31, 2008, 09:44:23 am »
Is it possible to activate the catering car & other airport veichles in KJFK og KORD...

See them, but thought I could call them to my plane ??????????????? Think I have seen some screenshots, where a plane is surrounded by activated veichles.. Also with Airsteps to the door ????????

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CANNOT Use airport veichles in JFK ???
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 06:06:55 pm »
Is it possible to activate the catering car & other airport veichles in KJFK og KORD...

No, they are static at the moment.

Think I have seen some screenshots, where a plane is surrounded by activated veichles.. Also with Airsteps to the door

You might have seen FS9+AES screenshots.

However, we are working to fix this in FSX, because we don't want to use the default vehicles, which looks always the same at all airports and they kill the fps, but we want to have all sort of interaction between the user airplane and the ground vehicles. What you are seeing in ParkMe is just the beginning, but we plan to extend the *Me features a lot in the future.

Mike Oberg

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 07:57:09 pm »
On that note, I am still trying to figure out how to get rid of the static vehicles altogether in FS9 KORD scenery file. I have changed the one Mizzi file to .off bit it didn't work. Any sugesstions?

Mike

Silverbird

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 05:34:34 pm »

No, they are static at the moment.

Think I have seen some screenshots, where a plane is surrounded by activated veichles.. Also with Airsteps to the door

You might have seen FS9+AES screenshots.

However, we are working to fix this in FSX, because we don't want to use the default vehicles, which looks always the same at all airports and they kill the fps, but we want to have all sort of interaction between the user airplane and the ground vehicles. What you are seeing in ParkMe is just the beginning, but we plan to extend the *Me features a lot in the future.

Virtuali please if possible a really nice 3d marshaller would be really fantastic! I also noticed that most scenery designers when making the belt loader and the tugs that push the baggage carts, they normally make the 3d model enclosed vechiles. would be cool to actually see someone driving the tug. the perfect example that I hope to see in the future with the new simulation engine in fsdt scenerys is like Urakawas Dynamic Studio 
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 05:41:00 pm »
Virtuali please if possible a really nice 3d marshaller would be really fantastic!

Yes, of course. That would be a given for the next ParkMe updates...

the perfect example that I hope to see in the future with the new simulation engine in fsdt scenerys is like Urakawas Dynamic Studio

Yes, this is what we should be able to achieve, as minimum. Even if I would like to have a more realistic animation for humans, which should be possible to achieve in FSX, using skinned animations that FS9 don't have.

Silverbird

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 06:14:29 pm »
Virtuali please if possible a really nice 3d marshaller would be really fantastic!

Yes, of course. That would be a given for the next ParkMe updates...

the perfect example that I hope to see in the future with the new simulation engine in fsdt scenerys is like Urakawas Dynamic Studio

Yes, this is what we should be able to achieve, as minimum. Even if I would like to have a more realistic animation for humans, which should be possible to achieve in FSX, using skinned animations that FS9 don't have.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this Umberto, I have noticed not many developers,  have really not done that much with the added tech in fsx. the fact that they added 3d modeled humans that move in fsx was a big step in realism.

I know some people would argue that this is not a airport sim etc etc, but I believe that those people don't understand that all theses little things add to the environment and gives the airport life. after flying for a few hours in the sim its fun to see some people at the ramp. but were lucky to have fsdt pushing the tech on scenery and its very exciting to hear what you have planned for the future. we have come a long way from the days of fs98 fs2000. :)
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

JamesChams

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 08:49:07 pm »
WOW!  :o

Virtuali,

If you all do this with ParkMe (along with taxiiway/parking transit information) you'll have an FSX product that no one will refuse.
I'll certainly buy it. 

Thanks Mr. Cesar "Silverbird" M. !  ;)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 08:50:45 pm by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams