Author Topic: Has KLAS been Upgraded?  (Read 19370 times)

psykie

Has KLAS been Upgraded?
« on: July 21, 2015, 05:57:39 am »
Hey Virtuali

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but has KLAS been Upgraded-Updated yet (as of July 2015)?  Its such a major hub for bizz jets and airliners.  Thanks!

You have such great airports that I would focus on upgrading Hawaii, Vegas, and others instead of making new ones.  But, that's just my opinion.  Thanks Virtuali.

Matthew
Matthew
i7-4770K3.5Ghz OC 4.5Ghz on a Z87-Pro ASUS MOBO, with a 240GB SSD for FSX only, 16gb/2400 Vengence DDR-3, Nividia GeForce GTX 780, on Win 7, 64 bit operating system.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Has KLAS been Upgraded?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 08:32:29 am »
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but has KLAS been Upgraded-Updated yet (as of July 2015)?  Its such a major hub for bizz jets and airliners.  Thanks!

This has been discussed several times on the forum, and we confirmed we'll *start* working on a KLAS update, after KMEM is released.

You have such great airports that I would focus on upgrading Hawaii, Vegas, and others instead of making new ones.  But, that's just my opinion. 

We need both new products and updates, which is why, we basically alternate between them ( ex. CYVR -> JFK V2 -> KIAH -> KMEM -> KLAS V2, etc. )

fsx100

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 12:18:24 am »
This has been discussed several times on the forum, and we confirmed we'll *start* working on a KLAS update, after KMEM is released.

After KMEM is released? But there isn't even a backdoor thread open for it yet  :'(

We need both new products and updates, which is why, we basically alternate between them ( ex. CYVR -> JFK V2 -> KIAH -> KMEM -> KLAS V2, etc. )

Shouldn't KLAS V2 come after KIAH then?  ;)

Not trying to be rude or anything, just really looking forward to the update as KLAS is my home airport. Would love to see Terminal 3 and all those buildings (Konami, etc.) right along the runway.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 12:20:18 am by fsx100 »

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 09:43:46 am »

Houston was released just over a year ago, Memphis is next and the Vegas update is after that.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 07:34:28 pm by Dave_YVR »

bradl

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 07:31:08 pm »

Err Houston was released just over a year ago, Memphis is next and the Vegas update is after that.

Check the wink for the joke. He's talking about alphabetical order. :)

BL.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 07:40:27 pm »
Ah yes

fsx100

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 06:50:24 pm »
Actually I wasn't thinking about alphabetical order, but nice that you caught that!

I was talking about how since they basically alternate between new airports and updates, KLAS update should come after KIAH.

The absence of Terminal 3 makes the airport feel quite antiquated, since it was opened 3+ years ago.

DAL777-232

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 09:38:42 pm »
I'm glad to see that Las Vegas is getting an upgrade. With the International terminal being moved an all. I'm sure its going to look great.  :D
SGT. Robert P Armstrong (Ret)

pgde

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 01:36:12 am »
Now that KMEM is out do you have any idea of timeframes for the long awaited KLAS update? I am sure you are bored now that KMEM is out (hahahahaha)  ;D.

Thanks so much for all the great airports! KMEM is the bomb!

P.
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, Blk Ed MB; Intel I7-4790K CPU (@4.5 Ghz); Deepcool 240 AIO Cooler; 16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win10 Pro (P3D V5.3); 2 Samsung 1Tb SSDs;Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 11:47:52 am »
We decided to go with the KORD remake first, then KLAS. Sorry, but KORD is in more dire need to be updated (new runway), while KLAS is "only" missing a terminal.

Wise87

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 01:43:05 pm »

You have such great airports that I would focus on upgrading Hawaii, Vegas, and others instead of making new ones.  But, that's just my opinion. 

Where does KSDF fit in on the timeline?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 02:21:56 pm »
Where does KSDF fit in on the timeline?

It's done by a different team than KLAS/KORD.

FlyingOger

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 09:08:51 pm »
Umberto,

I hope postponing KLAS v2 AGAIN is just a bad joke - we've been waiting for years now, some of us even buying the outdated version in expectation of YOUR word that work would start after KMEM release!

Please re-think that.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Dominato83

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2016, 12:09:49 am »
Umberto,

I hope postponing KLAS v2 AGAIN is just a bad joke - we've been waiting for years now, some of us even buying the outdated version in expectation of YOUR word that work would start after KMEM release!

Please re-think that.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
They never promised that LAS would be the first one updated post-MEM.  They just said it would be worked on sometime after MEM.  If you really need the new terminal you can add it to the scenery using ADE or you can use one of the AFCADs on Avsim.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2016, 01:52:56 pm »
some of us even buying the outdated version in expectation of YOUR word that work would start after KMEM release!

The word is still valid: "work would start after KMEM release" only means that it would not start *before*, not that it would have been the FIRST in line to be updated. We always said that BOTH KORD and KLAS are the one that will be updated next and, IMOH, KORD missing a whole runway is FAR more pressing of the new terminal at KLAS.

From an aeronautical point of view, KLAS is still perfectly usable as it is now (no runway changes), while KORD is outdated and doesn't match current charts and procedures anymore, which will cause way more issue to users, and I'm sure many bought KORD too, following our promise to have it updated.

It's just that we simply cannot do the two at once, and KORD is more in need of an update.