Author Topic: LSGG - scenery not correct **not an FSDT problem**  (Read 11120 times)

andypanda

LSGG - scenery not correct **not an FSDT problem**
« on: July 19, 2015, 05:13:23 pm »
Dear all,

I have a problem with my LSGG scenery. The satellites seem to be in the wrong place, and some FSX aircraft are in the terminal building (see enclosed picture).

I have loaded and deleted the newest LSGG scenery several times, loaded the add-on manager as single file, always with the same result.

Couatl and the add-on manager are together in the add-ons of the FSX (see enclosed picture).

I have the CHPROX add-on, no change if I have it enabled or not in the FSX scenery manager.

The FSdreamteam LSZH and KJFK sceneries work fine, just having the problem with the LSGG scenery.

Can somebody please help me out?

Thank you for your support.

Best regards.
Andy
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 05:18:46 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: LSGG - scenery not correct
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 05:18:28 pm »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with the FSDT LSGG scenery. The misplaced satellites are not coming from the FSDT scenery, but from the default scenery and, in addition to the misplaced AI airplanes, clearly indicates the problem is caused by ANOTHER scenery, or an AFCAD for LSGG added by another product in conflict.

Whenever you see misplaced AI traffic or clearly wrong parking positions, it's never a problem of the scenery but, instead, it's always another AFCAD coming from another product in conflict. They usually come with AI traffic packages, but can also come with other sceneries for the same area that weren't unisntalled.

Use the free FSX Airport Scanner to find duplicates AFCADs for LSGG, and remove all the extra, leave on the one that comes with LSGG in the fsdreamteam\LSGG folder.

andypanda

Re: LSGG - scenery not correct **not an FSDT problem**
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 06:23:49 pm »
Dear Umberto

Thank you for your fast reply.

I downloaded the simple airport scanner and checked my FSX scenery file (see enclosed picture).

There are no duplicates as far as I can see (maybe I am looking in the wrong spot)?

You can see all my sceneries, so far I have not downloaded any AFCAD files for any of them.

The only AFCAD files I have where downloaded when I installed FSdreamteam KJFK, LSZH and LSGG.

Sorry for the trouble, maybe you can help out here, would love to use the LSGG scenery as I really like the other sceneries I have from FSdreamteam.

Any help is appreciated, I am not an expert with AFCAD.

Best regards.
Andy

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 08:28:45 pm »
 Try disabling your CH PRO X scenery just to see. What do you use for AI?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 10:53:14 am »
There are no duplicates as far as I can see (maybe I am looking in the wrong spot)?

You have another scenery in conflict, that's obvious from your screenshot, which shows objects that are not even part of FSDT LSGG. And misplaced AIs are another clear indication of this.

You can see all my sceneries, so far I have not downloaded any AFCAD files for any of them.

You might have not downloaded anything explicitly, but the conflicting sceneries are surely coming from a product you installed.

It's possible (yes, we saw all these cases) the FSX Airport scanner hasn't found any duplicates due to one of the following reason:

- The conflicting sceneries are not "AFCAD" types, but just .BGLs with objects

- The FSX Airport Scanner sometimes doesn't detect all duplicates, so you must find them and remove them manually. As I've said, the most common cause of such duplicates are AI traffic packages, but not only.

If you have GSX installed, it might help you identifying the offending one, by using the "Customize parking position", which will list the name of the AFCAD seen by GSX.

andypanda

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 09:25:57 am »
Dear Umberto, dear Dave,

Thank you for you replies.

I used the GSX to see what AFCAD was active for the Geneva airport. As Umberto rightly stated the wrong AFCAD was active, i.e. the one from the CH_PRO X scenery.

I removed it, and now the one from the FSdreamteam LSGG scenery is active - PROBLEM SOLVED!!

Thanks again for your support.

Best regards.
Andy