Author Topic: no GSX after changing Airport  (Read 4195 times)

mroschk

no GSX after changing Airport
« on: June 19, 2015, 10:49:29 pm »
after starting Prepar3d v1.4 i can call GSX via STRG+F12
But after setting the Aircraft to another Airport STRG+F12 did not work unti i restart cuatl.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: no GSX after changing Airport
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 10:58:23 pm »
after starting Prepar3d v1.4 i can call GSX via STRG+F12
But after setting the Aircraft to another Airport STRG+F12 did not work unti i restart cuatl.

Doesn't happen here. And nobody has reported it before. Of course, before replying I made a test, as I always do, but since you haven't said:

- Which airport you started from

- Which airport you moved to

I can only assume you mean it happens everywhere, so I tried with two random airports ( started from JFK and moved to CYVR ), and GSX worked normally before and after changing the airport.

As usual, you can enable Logging in the "Troubleshooting" section of the "GSX - Settings" page so you must do the following (after having restarted the sim with Logging ENABLED

1) Go to the first airport, call GSX

2) Move to the other airport, call GSX again

3) Exit the sim

4) Send me (best by email) the Couatl.LOG file found under the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and, if you have a Couatl.ERR file, send that too.

mroschk

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 11:07:47 am »
at the moment it happens again with the new beta.
Start P3D 1.4 in EDDP standard flight.
Set me to LEPA
Try to call the GSX Menu ( STRG+F12 ) .. again nothing
Restart couatl .. again nothing.

Log attached
No *.err File

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 09:58:50 pm »
Your Log shows that the cache regeneration started, but it doesn't show it ended so, you probably tried to call GSX before the cache regeneration was completed, and it's entirely normal GSX won't work in that case, and it seems you exited from the program BEFORE even allowing to end the cache regeneration (since there's no message stating the process has ended, either successfully or not), and of course, the result of exiting the program before the cache regeneration, will cause a new cache regeneration to start again on the next restart, and so on.

Basically, you should ALLOW GSX to end the cache regeneration once, before you exit from the sim.

mroschk

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 11:45:07 pm »
ahh, ok...maybe that can be the case.