Author Topic: Couatl not closing...  (Read 3195 times)

Airshinx_13

Couatl not closing...
« on: July 14, 2015, 07:11:55 pm »
Hello guys, i recently got this issue when i close FSX Steam Edition the couatl engine scripting does not close when i close FSX. I tried reinstalling GSX, Addon Manager and even installed the Beta for Couatl 3 and the problem still persist. Do you guys have any recommendation for this issue? The only way that this issue is resolved is if i restart my PC. Thanks for reading!
Reynaldo Rodriguez
Philadelphia, PA
VATSIM ZNY S3

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl not closing...
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 07:16:25 pm »
You surely should install the Couatl 3 Beta for full Steam compatibility. However, the issue was just the "Restart Couatl" function that didn't work with the regular version, on Steam.

However, both versions have no problems quitting automatically when FSX closes.

The whole process is entirely out our control: we don't handle this, when a program is started automatically by FSX in the EXE.XML, it will be closed automatically BY FSX.

If this doesn't happen on your system, the only possible explanation is that FSX is not closing correctly, so it cannot close all the other .exe it has loaded.

No, of course you don't have to restart the PC, if you cannot fix this issue, you can use the Task Manager and terminate the Couatl.exe process.

Airshinx_13

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 07:22:56 pm »
I can close the couatl via task manager but the FSX.exe can't close down even if i force it on the task manager. The problem is that when i close FSX the other thing that is open is Couatl and FSX.exe, so that made me question if that is a problem w/ the Couatl scripting engine.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 07:24:50 pm by Airshinx_13 »
Reynaldo Rodriguez
Philadelphia, PA
VATSIM ZNY S3

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 07:33:07 pm »
I can close the couatl via task manager but the FSX.exe can't close down even if i force it on the task manager.

That's the problem, under normal conditions, you should always be able to close FSX.EXE with the Task Manager.

The problem is that when i close FSX the other thing that is open is Couatl and FSX.exe, so that made me question if that is a problem w/ the Couatl scripting engine.

It's exactly the opposite: since you cannot close FSX.EXE properly, FSX cannot close Couatl.exe so, it's not that Couatl has a problem, it's the opposite way around: you have a problem that result in not being able to close FSX, and this is *causing* the failure to close Couatl.exe.

A running Couatl CANNOT prevent FSX to be closed manually. In fact, you said yourself you can close Couatl, so Couatl is not the problem. Instead, a failure to close FSX manually, explains why FSX cannot close Couatl *automatically*,

It's possibly a permission problem: programs and users needs permission rights in order to close other programs so, if you own user account has a problem with "closing rights" (which seems the case, since you cannot close FSX manually), FSX that inherits your user account rights, has not enough rights to close Couatl.

You might try running FSX As Adminstrator, or try to create a new user account, maybe your own has a permission problem.

And, of course, we cannot discount the chance an faulty antivirus might be able to this.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 09:01:46 pm by virtuali »

Airshinx_13

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 07:40:00 pm »
I am running FSX as admin, but i seriously don't know what might be causing this issue. I think my last resort is going to be to uninstall FSX and reinstall it again. Every-time i close couatl it closes i try to close FSX and it says Access Restricted when i try to end task. Anyways, i just gave fsx all priorities in the securities tab in the properties to see if that does anything at all. Thanks for the help!
Reynaldo Rodriguez
Philadelphia, PA
VATSIM ZNY S3

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 09:05:12 pm »
Every-time i close couatl it closes

So the Couatl process closes correctly, which confirm the problem is not Couatl.

I try to close FSX and it says Access Restricted when i try to end task.

That's problem, and this error confirms my suspicion it's a permission-related problem.

Anyways, i just gave fsx all priorities in the securities tab in the properties to see if that does anything at all. Thanks for the help!

If your user account has a problem, changes made there might not have any effect on the FSX permissions, it's not so simple, users have guids, the filesystem has an ACLs attributes, and something might not be right.

Before reinstalling FSX, try to create a new user with admin rights, and try run FSX from there.