Author Topic: confirming correct installation  (Read 2039 times)

Johnathan Pata

confirming correct installation
« on: July 13, 2015, 12:54:58 am »
Hey guys,

I need some help with the new installer to update GSX. The standalone manger is up to date version 3.0.0.5 but I do not know the date of the installer that i used my best guess is around May 22 2014, do i need to install the full installer and then the November update afterwards. If it helps any my last standalone version was 2.9.0.24
thanks for the help
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 01:02:57 am by Johnathan Pata »
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10850K
OPERATING SYSTEM:Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, 64Bit
HARD DRIVE: 1 SAMSUNG EVO 840 SSD with 2TB HDD and a 875W Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
MEMORY: 32GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz   
VIDEO CARD:4GB NVIDIA GTX 960

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: confirming correct installation
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 10:23:22 am »
The Stand-Alone Addon Manager version is entirely irrelevant, since you said you installed the latest one, and that will update whatever modules and code needed to be updated to the very latest version, regardless which version you had before.

Also, if you are going to download the full installer anyway, which installer you used originally is not relevant anymore.

And, NORMALLY, if you download just the full GSX installer, it always contains everything, so you don't need anything else. However, since we are still in Beta with the latest Couat 3, we haven't updated the full GSX installer in a while, but we HAVE added a couple of liveries in the meantime in the separate vehicle installers.

So, while we are in Beta, if you download the full GSX installer and the latest vehicles update (Nov. 2014) and THEN the Couatl 3 Public Beta (in this order), you have everything updated.

When we'll be out of Beta, the new full GSX installer will contain again everything in a single download, as usual.

Johnathan Pata

Re: confirming correct installation
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 12:51:12 am »
thank you
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10850K
OPERATING SYSTEM:Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, 64Bit
HARD DRIVE: 1 SAMSUNG EVO 840 SSD with 2TB HDD and a 875W Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
MEMORY: 32GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz   
VIDEO CARD:4GB NVIDIA GTX 960