Author Topic: GSX fails to load in FSX  (Read 4685 times)

rlinden12

GSX fails to load in FSX
« on: July 12, 2015, 03:23:04 pm »
Hi...

I just purchased GSX Ground Services for FSX. After install and starting FSX I get:

Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third party software program (add-on)
Name:   bglmanx Dynamic Link Library
Version:   3, 0, 0, 5
Company:   VIRTUALI Sagl
File:      bglmanx.dll

... and FSX fails to load.

I have uninstalled GSX and removed all it's bits and pieces and re-installed -> several times. All to no avail...

Any thoughts?

Rob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX fails to load in FSX
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 10:42:17 am »
That message from FSX is totally bogus, it's a generic panic message that FSX, for any reason, wasn't able to run a module. Usually the cause is missing/corrupted system libraries on your Windows installation, or a conflict caused by another addon module, which use a different version of such libraries. Or, sometimes, it's just Windows acting up.

- Always ALLOW the module to run, EVEN IF FSX CRASHES

- Try a couple of times

- Try after a Windows reboot.

- Be sure you turn off ALL compatibility modes for FSX.EXE and, eventually, try running FSX as Administrator instead, but with every compatibility option turned off.

rlinden12

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 09:16:42 am »
Hi...

I've re-installed the software and tried starting FSX in Win 7 x64 - no compatibility modes. No addons and as admin. FSX does not crash... it simply will not load at all - even after several minutes. See the attached screenshots...

During the GSX install, I noticed that the Python files in the installer were noted as not installed + one other install module (the last one) was not installed either.

I'll be uninstalling yet again...

Some more clues would be appreciated...

Rob ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 10:11:40 am »
During the GSX install, I noticed that the Python files in the installer were noted as not installed + one other install module (the last one) was not installed either.

Those are not errors. If there were errors, the installer would flag as such. It's just the label of the progress bar is telling that is not installing Python support files related to FSDT products you don't have installed.

This thread indicates all the known solutions for other possible issues:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7545.msg62899.html#msg62899

Another thing you can try, is to uninstall and then reinstall the MS VC++ 2013 runtimes, download them here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Download and install the x86 version. Restart Windows after you installed them.

rlinden12

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 11:02:22 am »
Hi again virtuali...

I realised that that was what was happening with the installer but I just thought I'd check...

I think that the main problem is the Saitek Pro panels I have - Multipanel and Comms Panel... I uninstalled all of the Saitek drivers (I'm using SPAD from Avsim.com now...) and, if I reboot my machine first, I can actually start FSX with GFX running after a couple of tries. It is a bit of a nuisance though...

I'll re-install the MS VC runtimes and see if that helps...

Thanks,

Rob

rlinden12

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 11:21:13 am »
Hi again virtuali...

I'm giving up on this...

Yes, it appears to be possible to run this on my system, even with the Saitek panels but as soon as I run some additional add-in like FSC and ASN, FSX fails to load!

All in all - a waste of time...

I will try to get it running and de-register my PC, then uninstall GSX yet again...

Maybe, when I make a clean install of FSX in the future, i might try again. In the meantime it's a waste of $40.00 odd...

Cheers!

Rob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 06:47:09 pm »
Yes, it appears to be possible to run this on my system, even with the Saitek panels but as soon as I run some additional add-in like FSC and ASN, FSX fails to load!

Are you saying that:

- You can run FSX + GSX + Saitek drivers

- You can run FSX + GSX + with no Saitek drivers +  FSC and ASN

- You cannot run FSX + GSX + Saitek drivers

That looks like a conflict between different version of VC++ runtime libraries installed on your system, which is triggered by each different addon using a different version.

IT IS possible and allowed in Windows, but it requires all the different version of the VC++ libraries to be all installed correctly.

the meantime it's a waste of $40.00 odd...

We offer everything in Trial version, so you are supposed to download, install and test all our products before purchasing, that's the whole point of having a Trial version, because we simply cannot guarantee everything will work with any possible combination of 3rd party products, since there are hundreds out there, with thousands of combination we'll never be able to test. That's why there's a Trial.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 06:49:19 pm by virtuali »

rlinden12

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 12:04:37 am »
I agree and that was my mistake... One I won't make again with your products...

You will note that I did NOT ask for a refund!

I have simply put it down to a waste of time, effort and money...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2015, 10:43:21 am »
I have simply put it down to a waste of time, effort and money...

Which is not caused by GSX, but other software. See this thread here, reporting a problem with Saitek drivers:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11782.msg90195.html#msg90195

rlinden12

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 11:20:08 am »
As I stated previously, I removed all of the Saitek drivers - even the direct output associated with my Saitek joystick.

With the panels not connected (only a CH yoke without drivers) it still took 6 reboots and restarting of FSX - without any addons - just to get it to the stage that I could go in and deregister my machine.

In four hours of constant fiddling (re-installing, etc.) I could run FSX exactly 3 times.

It is obvious of course that some things in my installation - particularly after numerous installs/uninstalls of addon packages and drivers over a year or more - that a few things are screwed up in my system (or at least in conlict with the GSX). Microsoft was never terribly good at house keeping...

Next time I do a clean install of FSX, I'll give it another go...

Cheers...

R