Author Topic: Airport Cache Regeneration  (Read 3689 times)

chumley

Airport Cache Regeneration
« on: July 12, 2015, 02:42:00 pm »
I have been experiencing a problem recently where the Airport Cache doesn't regenerate after loading a new airport scenery.

This has resulted as expected in my not being able to utilise GSX at that airport.

I have read through various threads and the only way to correct this is to force the new build of the cache by deleting two files.

This issue also has caused me some grief when I have removed an addon and then tried to use GSX. The file is missing and a notification is quiet rightly displayed.

I am using the new beta file in preference to the release option as it treats addon airports with a little more acceptance of small errors (loaded after searching to resolve another problem).

I have tried restarting Couatl but with no effect as the existing Airport Cache is loaded.

Any suggestions?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Airport Cache Regeneration
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 10:50:54 am »
I have read through various threads and the only way to correct this is to force the new build of the cache by deleting two files.

This issue also has caused me some grief when I have removed an addon and then tried to use GSX. The file is missing and a notification is quiet rightly displayed.

Removing or adding a scenery doesn't make any difference. If your system has an issue that always requires to to force the new build of the cache by deleting the two caches folder, you should do it BOTH when adding a new scenery AND after removing it.

I have tried restarting Couatl but with no effect as the existing Airport Cache is loaded.

Yes, if your system has this problem, it's normal that "just" restarting Couatl wouldn't work, you must remove the folders (with FSX not running), then restart FSX.

Now, to understand why the changes to the scenery are not detected automatically on your system, we'll obviously need some data so, please, do all the following, and don't skip any step:

- Enable Logging in the "Troubleshooting" section of the "GSX - Settings" page

- Exit from FSX

- Launch FSX, go to any airport, doesn't matter which one.

- Exit from FSX

- Send me by email your Couatl.LOG in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder

- Launch FSX again, add or remove a scenery Area from the Scenery Library menu

- Exit from FSX

- Launch FSX, go to any airport

- Exit from FSX

- Send me by email the new Couatl.LOG in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder

chumley

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 03:03:23 pm »
Hi

Earlier today I deleted the two folders you have mentioned in a past post and allowed FSX to recreate them.

When I followed your instructions I noticed that after adding an airport and restarting FSX then creating the second logfile the Airport cache regeneration message was displayed.

I did a further test after collecting the two logfiles and deleted the airport and once again the Airport Cache was regenerated.

In view of this is their much/any point in sending you the logfiles?

The only thing I can think is that the act of deleting a recreating the two folders this time has resolved the problem when it didn't on the previous occasion.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 05:29:40 pm »
So, if you add/remove a scenery now, it regenerates correctly without having to manually remove anything ? Of course, you still need to restart from FSX to apply changes, but that's normal.

chumley

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 07:39:42 am »
At this time that would appear to be the case.

I'll reactivate this thread if I have any further problems and will send the two logfiles requested should the problem resurface.

Thanks for your time.