Author Topic: couatl stops running after I select anything **SOLVED**  (Read 4385 times)

Victoroos

couatl stops running after I select anything **SOLVED**
« on: July 08, 2015, 03:36:37 pm »
Hello all

All of a sudden, I noticed today (Ater flying succesfully yesterday) that as soona s I select anything from teh menu (refuel whatever) or want to customize parking position, couatl stops running (without any error or whatever.
I alsready reinstalled everything from gsx, but still to no avail.
Any advice?
I use p3d btw ;). And tried many airports already.

vkr
victor

ps: already tried the public beta, to no avail
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 01:58:37 pm by virtuali »

Victoroos

Re: couatl stops running after I select anything
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 12:47:31 pm »
Alright. Did some testing. Nothing else runs in the bg. No error log is created, and the normal log looks,..normal. I'm really in the blue

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 12:55:41 pm »
Try to download and install the latest ( the "after Nov. 2014" button ) Vehicle update, because we added a couple of liveries there that are not in the full installer yet.

Also, check you don't have the same problem in your FSX.CFG file that has been reported here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12090.msg92184.html#msg92184

Victoroos

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 01:21:16 pm »
Luckily it wasn't that bad, but indeed, o was stupid somewhere, and deleted the misc entry in the simobjects cfg. Apparently the installer doesn't do that. Thanks! :D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 01:56:32 pm »
Apparently the installer doesn't do that.

If you mean the GSX installer, is not supposed to add the "Misc" folder and the line that calls it in the FSX.CFG, since this is a default folder, we just add new objects to it, but if you remove the Misc folder, you will not lose "just" GSX and FSDT sceneries, you'll lose hundreds of objects from the default scenery too.

I'm not entirely sure if it's right that our installer would try to fix ANY possible problem with the default FSX configuration files, it will be quickly become more complex than the product it's installing...

Victoroos

Re: couatl stops running after I select anything **SOLVED**
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 02:29:11 pm »
well, we are talking about p3d here. P3d doesn't use the data in p3d.cfg anymore, but ahs its own simobjects.cfg in programdata.
That might be the thing?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 02:59:40 pm »
well, we are talking about p3d here. P3d doesn't use the data in p3d.cfg anymore, but ahs its own simobjects.cfg in programdata. That might be the thing?

That doesn't change anything regarding our installers. They never had to change the FSX (or Prepar3D.CFG ) file with the Simobject folders lines, and they don't have to do it now, because it's not needed.

Since the installer adds new sub-folders to the *existing* default Misc folder, regardless where the configuration for its path is located, it's supposed to be always active in any case, since it contains lots of default objects used by the default scenery and the included missions so, we should safely assume that folder should always exists and be active.

If anything, the different location of the folder path lines in P3D compared to FSX, would simply make it the installer more complex IF we tried to "fix" it automatically, in case the users would tamper them for some reason. Which is exactly why we don't even try, especially because the ways files can be corrupted are endless, so it's not very safe or easy trying to detect all cases. Some users would just remove the line, some would "comment" it out, some created "holes" in the numbering of sections, some would have duplicate lines, some could have lines with syntax errors, some might point to non-existing paths, and some even with paths that might exists or not depending on conditions, for example if they are pointing to a removable drive.

So no, better be safe, and don't try to "fix" anything.

If we could create a software that could automatically fix ANY problems in the sim configuration files, assuming it would be safe and not cause other problems, it would be probably more valuable (as a product) than GSX itself...

CTN808

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 10:20:54 pm »
Hi all,

same problem here, running P3D 2.5.12946, GSX worked normally until last 2-3 days, after selecting anything in GSX menu, receive "Couatl Scripting Engine for FSX/ESP has stopped working" and no further GSX action as usual... (running P3D and error is FSX/ESP?). Tried all the above mentioned, also other stuff found in other threads on forum, but no luck, reinstalled GSX, updated vehicles 2014, inst Couatl beta 3, please help what else can I do that GSX working again?

Thanks in advance

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2015, 10:28:12 pm »
after selecting anything in GSX menu, receive "Couatl Scripting Engine for FSX/ESP has stopped working" and no further GSX action as usual...

In all cases we have reports about this specific crash (after selecting an action), the problem has always been an issue with the Simobject paths folders being missing/wrong or with other issue related to objects not found in the sim.

We are working right now with the Beta (but is still not there in the current version), to have at least a meaningful message, instead of a crash.

Could you please send me (best by email), your Prepar3D.CFG file, located under the %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V2 folder ?

Victoroos

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2015, 11:21:44 pm »
What mail would you like it at?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2015, 11:32:57 pm »
What mail would you like it at?

I'm confused now: you posted earlier saying you realized you mistakenly removed the Misc line in your Prepar3D.CFG file so, I guess that answers the question about what your issue was.

Are you still getting the error, even after you fixed the file ? Or, you haven't tried fixing it, and want me to do it ?

In any case, the FSDT support email is indicated on the website in the "Contact Us" page, and in all your purchase receipts.