Author Topic: Copenhagen and gsx. Driving over taxiway  (Read 2060 times)

Victoroos

Copenhagen and gsx. Driving over taxiway
« on: July 08, 2015, 02:26:29 pm »
hello all

I just got copenhagen, and wanted tot est it with gsx. I noticed that the carts use the taxiway to drive over 9which looks weird on VATSIM ;))

Is there anything I can do about that?

vkr
victor

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Copenhagen and gsx. Driving over taxiway
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 03:16:27 pm »
GSX can only rely on what information the scenery developer has placed in the AFCAD file.

When vehicles are concerned, GSX will TRY to use paths of the "Vehicle" type by preference but, if there are none, there's no other choice than using taxiways.

The default scenery for Copenhagen has proper vehicle paths included so, I must assume that, if you see GSSX vehicles using taxiways, maybe you are using the FlyTampa version.

And yes, checking the AFCAD made by FlyTampa, they haven't included any dedicated vehicle paths, so it's entirely normal that GSX would use taxiways, since there is no better choice in the scenery.

Of course, I guess that nothing would stop you from adding the missing vehicle paths yourself, using any of the available airport editing utilities, like ADE or AFX.

Victoroos

Re: Copenhagen and gsx. Driving over taxiway
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 03:37:44 pm »
I'm sorry, eys, I use fly tampa one.
Really? How would I do that then? I looked at the bgl file with all the taxiways etc, btu I have no clue how to even nearly know where to put the roads etc..