Author Topic: FLL Question  (Read 11690 times)

Bushpounder

FLL Question
« on: July 07, 2015, 11:41:52 pm »
Hi all. I saw the FLL scenery and love it. I noticed the pictures are outdated now with all the work they have done there. If I purchase the version that is available right now, will it have the runway corrections eliminating 13-31 and the extension of 10R-28L, or will it look like the FLL of old and an update is still in the works? Thanks for any help! Nice work on it btw!!!

Don

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FLL Question
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 10:51:10 am »
Are you aware all our products are available in Trial version ?

You don't have to judge a scenery from the screenshots, simply download it and install it. The Trial version is exactly the same as the purchased version, there's no separate installer, so I suggest to install it and have a look directly on your system.

Bushpounder

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 12:54:41 am »
Thank you Umberto!! I will do just that! :)

Don

Bushpounder

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 04:41:49 am »
I downloaded it and it was the old runway layout. I also had no buildings, only AI at the jetways. I'll just wait until it is updated. Thank you.

Don

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 10:37:09 am »
I downloaded it and it was the old runway layout. I also had no buildings, only AI at the jetways.

There scenery DOES have buildings. If you don't see any buildings, it doesn't mean the scenery is like that: it means is not installed correctly and/or something in your system (usually the antivirus) is blocking it from running.

This won't change even if the scenery will eventually be updated, so it's best if you fix your problem first.

Do you have BOTH the Addon Manager AND the "Couatl powered products" under the FSX "Addons" menu ?

Bushpounder

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 02:37:57 am »
I was more concerned about the airport layout. Once I saw it still had the old runway layout, the rest didn't matter. I uninstalled it and I will watch your site for an update to current conditions or a remake. I don't want to purchase an outdated scenery and hope for corrections. You all make nice stuff from what I see, so the wait will be well worth it! I may grab a couple of others you have in the mean time! Thanks again!

Don

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 09:14:03 pm »
I may grab a couple of others you have in the mean time!

That was the whole point of my question.

How KFLL is outdated or not is not really not the issue here: if you didn't had buildings, it was an indication that something is wrong and the software modules, which are the same and are required by ALL our products, are not running so, if you are going to install any other scenery, chances are you'll have the exactly the same issue as KFLL, so you want to fix that, otherwise you'll might assume all our sceneries are empty!

Bushpounder

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2015, 06:23:28 pm »
Buildings or not, the layout of the airport in not updated and incorrect. Had the layout been correct, I would have gone back and fixed the no building situation. I know what caused that. That's an easy fix. They incorrect layout is not. I'll wait for an update, because I do believe you have a nice product.

Don

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 09:37:53 am »
Buildings or not, the layout of the airport in not updated and incorrect.

The KFLL layout is entirely irrelevant, now that you saw the scenery and decided not to purchase until we'll update it. We are not discussing about KFLL anymore, and we are not trying to convince you about purchasing KFLL anymore.

My last reply was in relationship to the other part of your sentence:

That's why I said you should worry about KFLL not showing up (not even for the 5 minutes per-session of the Trial), because it means the software required by ALL our products is not working on your system, so it's best to fix it, otherwise nothing from FSDT will work on your system.

I know what caused that. That's an easy fix.

Well, it would be very helpful, even for others that are reading this forum (and for us, that can benefit from user's reports too), if you post here what was the cause of the problem, and the fix.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 09:40:18 am by virtuali »

Bushpounder

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2015, 01:26:33 pm »
Being you feel the outdated and incorrect layout of the airport is irrelevant, I think we are done here. This has NOTHING to do with the buildings. I get that point. That was due to the anti-virus. However, the anti-virus did not block the new (couple of years old now) 4000 foot runway addition and did not delete the diagonal runway that is no longer there that you have not updated.  You are trying to sell me an outdated product with the hopes that MAYBE one day you will update it. I don't know who would bite at that, but I certainly won't. I want an airport that is modeled and updated after its subject and not what the subject used to be years ago. If you think selling an inaccurate product is irrelevant, I am not sure I want to order the three I have on my order list until I take a closer look at them as well. I could see a small change not being updated, but major changes such as doubling runway lengths and deleting entire runways are changes that should be kept up with. You do nice work, but I question your updating. I'll watch for a fully updated version from you before I buy it. Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 01:43:10 pm by Bushpounder »

Hnla

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2015, 05:08:55 am »
You are trying to sell me an outdated product with the hopes that MAYBE one day you will update it. I don't know who would bite at that, but I certainly won't

Dude, Virtuali ISN'T trying to "sell you anything", he is SOLEY trying to help you FIX an issue on your computer that will affect anything else you download from FSDT. Step off your high horse, FSDT gets hundreds of sales per day, he certainly isn't concerned if he sells you anything.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2015, 10:07:39 am »
Being you feel the outdated and incorrect layout of the airport is irrelevant, I think we are done here.

It's irrelevant in relationship to my question about your problem with the modules not running, which I was trying to HELP YOU WITH.

You are trying to sell me an outdated product with the hopes that MAYBE one day you will update it.

That's not the case, and this should have been pretty obvious from this statements of mine:

The KFLL layout is entirely irrelevant, now that you saw the scenery and decided not to purchase until we'll update it. We are not discussing about KFLL anymore, and we are not trying to convince you about purchasing KFLL anymore.

Instead, my reply was in relationship to THIS sentence of yours:

This should have been quite clear, since I added this to it:

That was the whole point of my question.

So, again, the whole point of my question was that I tried to enable you to at least TRY the *other* sceneries you said you might be interested into, not to "sell you" KFLL. KFLL wasn't the subject anymore...

I am not sure I want to order the three I have on my order list until I take a closer look at them as well

So you should be happy that, we give you the ability to download and install everything for free, so you can decide if a scenery is acceptable to you.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 10:14:12 am by virtuali »