Author Topic: Visual docking guidance remains blank  (Read 6595 times)

conchulio

Visual docking guidance remains blank
« on: July 06, 2015, 12:14:19 pm »
Hello,

After installing CYVR v1.4 and using GSX in trail mode the displays of the visual guidance docking system remains blank. GSX ground service etc. works fine. What can i do to make it work?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Visual docking guidance remains blank
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 02:07:26 pm »
The docking system doesn't activate automatically, you must select the parking in GSX first.

conchulio

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 02:58:37 pm »
thx for the quick respone!

If i activate gsx via the key shortcut, GSX only offers deboarding, catering etc.. I remember that in the past i activated the gate via a youcontrol menu but i must admit i don´t know how to active the gate now with gsx  ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 07:20:12 pm »
If i activate gsx via the key shortcut, GSX only offers deboarding, catering etc.. I remember that in the past i activated the gate via a youcontrol menu but i must admit i don´t know how to active the gate now with gsx  ???

You are seeing the boarding/deboarding/etc GSX menu because you are ALREADY parked!

What would be the point of activating a docking system AFTER you are already parked, with engine off and brakes on (which is the condition for the GSX *parking* menu to appear) ?

In order to activate a docking system (or call a marshaller), you must call GSX BEFORE you arrive at the parking, for example after landing, so it will give you a list or parking to activate, the option to call a follow me and, if that parking has a docking system, it will be turned on.

conchulio

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 06:15:02 pm »
ah ok.

i was confused, because when i start a new flight at a gate, the aircraft is usually not perfectly parked at the position and at some airports, the visual guidance (for example at zurich) tells me that.

however, now that you clarified how thinks work, i understand, thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 09:42:52 pm »
i was confused, because when i start a new flight at a gate, the aircraft is usually not perfectly parked at the position and at some airports, the visual guidance (for example at zurich) tells me that.

You mean FSDT Zurich ? Check your installed version, because initially, the scenery came with its own docking systems, but now they are integrated with GSX like any other FSDT scenery, so they are blank unless you activate it in GSX first.

conchulio

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 02:30:20 pm »
Hey,

i just wanted to say that everything works now as intended. Did a flight from KSFO to CYVR and at taxi to gate i pressed STRG + F12 and i had the options you mentioned and the gate was prepared.

For LSZH i use ASE :)