Author Topic: No traceback avalible **SOLVED**  (Read 7430 times)

FlymannNO

Re: No traceback avalible
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2015, 07:21:00 pm »
THis has nothing to do with Norton as i just deinstalled NORTON and resorted to the WIndows 8 defender and this message still pops up.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2015, 10:41:01 am »
I can only repeat and confirm that problem can only be caused by the antivirus.

And yes, Norton DOES block things even without telling you. I witness this on an user's system with Teamviewer: he had Auto-protect disabled, he explicitly exclude from scanning all our modules, both for auto-protect AND for manual scanning, yet the dreaded Norton STILL blocked it without any warnings. We had to dig into the antivirus log to found it red-flagged our files.

As I've said, you must correctly disable the antivirus while installing and/or disable the FSX folder from scanning. Try to disable every option that relates to real-time protection. If that's not enough, disable the antivirus entirely.

Also, be sure you don't run TWO different antivirus at once. Some users have two antivirus running without realizing it, so it's easy to be mislead thinking to have excluded and disabled everything in one antivirus, when the other one is still interfering.

FlymannNO

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2015, 12:23:21 pm »
I have sir, Norton is uninstalled from my PC and i am solely using WIndows Defender. I also now have the full error message> The Addon *No Traceback avalible( is something and causing the Couatl scripting engine to restart.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2015, 05:34:19 pm »
I have sir, Norton is uninstalled from my PC and i am solely using WIndows Defender. I also now have the full error message> The Addon *No Traceback avalible( is something and causing the Couatl scripting engine to restart.

This was the FIRST message you got with the Couatl 2 version installed.

I then asked if you could install the Couatl 3 Beta, and you said you had a DIFFERENT error, not when running FSX, but when *installing* the Beta, the error saying the .DAT file from the %TEMP% folder couldn't be copied. This last error is caused by the antivirus NOT the first one.

Since you haven't posted the "full" error message, which also contains the Couatl version, I cannot say if

- You were finally able to fix the ".DAT file" error while installing and completed the installation of the Couatl 3 Beta, so the same error happens with it as well

OR

- You weren't able to fix the ".DAT file" error while installing, so you haven't completed the Couatl 3 Beta installation, so you are still running with the previous version, which gave you the "No Traceback" error.

FlymannNO

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2015, 11:01:39 pm »
No matter what it was i have managed to fix it, i deleted all the BGL files etc along with the COUATL GSX folder located in the TEMP section of appdata. Reinstalled GSX and it worked. SOLVED