Author Topic: No traceback avalible **SOLVED**  (Read 7429 times)

FlymannNO

No traceback avalible **SOLVED**
« on: July 05, 2015, 11:10:46 pm »
Hello! Lately i have been receiving an error message speaking of No Traceback avalible along with this message in a COUATL error log couatl v2.0 (build 2378)
panic log started on Sat Jun 06 23:05:55 2015

problem raised by addon <no traceback available>TaskletExit: ()

Any hints? Because i have removed GSX before, and when i reinstall the problem still persists. Any help? ???
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 10:15:35 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No traceback avalible
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 10:20:09 am »
Try to download and install the Couatl 3 Public Beta here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11796.0.html

FlymannNO

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 10:56:17 pm »
I have now deinstalled both, in what order should i reinstall these two?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 11:13:24 pm »
GSX first, and the Couatl 3 Beta next.

FlymannNO

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 12:00:40 am »
They seem to be overwriting each other, when i install the Couatl after GSX, GSX suddenly doesnt show as installed anymore. But if i install GSX after that the traceback thing comes back again.

FlymannNO

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 12:01:36 am »
And when i install the COUATL 3 beta, i get these messages that it was unable to copy Bglxmanx, dll .Dat,s with lots of different names.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 10:44:01 am »
They seem to be overwriting each other, when i install the Couatl after GSX, GSX suddenly doesnt show as installed anymore. But if i install GSX after that the traceback thing comes back again.

Install GSX FIRST, the the Couatl 3 Public Beta. Doing the opposite will downgrade Couatl to the old version.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 10:44:59 am »
And when i install the COUATL 3 beta, i get these messages that it was unable to copy Bglxmanx, dll .Dat,s with lots of different names.

That's because you are trying to run the installer when FSX is still running, or too quickly after it closed, not giving enough time to release all open files.

Reinstall ( GSX FIRST, then the Couatl 3 Beta ) after a Windows restart, should fix this.

FlymannNO

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2015, 02:55:57 pm »
Still persists, i just deinstalled them both after booting my computer up for the first time of the day. And i installed GSX first like you said then Couatl3 but it stills says unable to copy those flies :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 03:10:55 pm »
And i installed GSX first like you said then Couatl3 but it stills says unable to copy those flies :(

Please indicate the precise, exact, text of this error, because if the installer cannot copy all files, nothing will ever work.

FlymannNO

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 05:04:16 pm »
Looks like this. For all of them.

FlymannNO

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2015, 05:05:02 pm »
This also comes when my Antivirus´ Autoprotect (i use Norton) is disabled so i dont really understand the defective antivirus.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2015, 05:11:43 pm »
This also comes when my Antivirus´ Autoprotect (i use Norton) is disabled so i dont really understand the defective antivirus

The message is quite clear, and as I've said (and also the message said), it's caused by a defective antivirus that is blocking the installation.

Norton is probably the worse offender when false positives are concerned, because it's based on a flawed concept of a file having a "reputation". Since we update files so often, they will never be able to gain enough "reputation", so they are blocked by default.

You must correctly disable the antivirus while installing and/or disable the FSX folder from scanning. Try to disable every option that relates to real-time protection.

The real solution, of course, would be switching to a more reliable antivirus, one that doesn't mistakenly block legit files from installing (not even mentioning it's trying to block a *.dat file, which is not even an executable!).

For example, the default Microsoft Antivirus ( MSE or Windows Defender in Windows 8 ), doesn't mistakenly identify any of our products as threats (of course, since they obviously aren't...) and doesn't require any special configuration to install them.

FlymannNO

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2015, 05:54:17 pm »
Norton does not give any reactions from the software itself like it usually does when it blocks things, this is something that purely shows in the installer which is quite odd because a message usually appears from Norton when it blocks something.

FlymannNO

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2015, 07:00:17 pm »
I do disable its AutoProtect feature which is what usually stops things, but it still does not want to install.