Author Topic: RE: F-14/Other Aircraft; Things to think about ....  (Read 7659 times)

JamesChams

RE: F-14/Other Aircraft; Things to think about ....
« on: October 16, 2008, 11:34:24 am »
FSDT Staff,

I know that you are all busy working on sceneries and the last thing you want to do it have another "YAPD" about things to be in the distant future; However, I just wanted to show you this, if you aren't already aware of it, to get your minds thinking ahead for what I (others) might be expecting, looking for in your FSDT F-14/other aircraft model next year....

Here is a video (Yes, Virtuali a video  ;) ) of a model still under development but, not far away from release:

(Download High RES version here).

This model flys, fights, lights, loads/unloads, navigates, releases (weapons) and several other functions ... I'm hoping to do all of the above and more, like 2 piloted crew in FSX with missions etc.

We'll talk more later about  it ...

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 05:20:24 pm by virtuali »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: RE: F-14/Other Aircraft; Things to think about ....
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 07:12:24 pm »
Here is a video (Yes, Virtuali a video  ;) ) of a model still under development but, not far away from release

I'm sorry, but even this time I'm not going to click on that link...

Mostly because I'm away for the weekend and I'm connected to the Internet with the iPhone, which is not  ideal for YouTube, considering we don't have a flat rate here, and I'm not even under 3G..., but also because we know very well of that project that, as far as I know, was in development for more than 3 years, and it's already 1 year or so late.

And that's the main issue: a project like that, ANY project like that, would probably be the end of our company: there's no way sales for a flight sim add-on might ever repay 3+ years of work, unless one is doing it in its spare time.

Perhaps we might have been able to do something like that quicker, who knows. Just FYI, the F/A-18 we did for Microsoft lasted 6 months, but it you took out all the overhead of signing contracts, getting approved as vendor, getting the specs done, getting milestones approved, etc, the *real* work wasn't more than 3 months. So yes, we are probably faster but, I fear this might be the typical example of diminishing returns, were you need 4-5 times the effort, to get just a little extra, that might be appreciated only by the most hard-core simmers.

So, for our next aircraft, we are targeting something a little bit deeper than "our" F/A-18, but not much more than that. Of course, having decided from the start that we'll do airplanes for FSX only, give a lot more options than being limited by having to grant FS9 compatibility, which is a nuisance for airplanes.

JamesChams

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 07:32:20 pm »
Virtuali,

Many users are already hard-core simmers and now many are even aviators, like myself, so the market is there ....

All the rest is wishful thinking on my part.  But, you can decide what to do and what not to.  However, just like all those FS9'er's, I fully intend to give you a list of expectations.  And, when the time comes, You and the rest of FSDT can consider wheather you want it to exceed the CLoud9 Phantom's capabilities and make the above model seem limited or not or somewhere in between.  My guess is that it will become a matter of resources - which I intend to have you overfeed with to ensure that you are willing and able to do project to the best of its capabilities.

Now, please, enjoy your well earned rest...
(I'm feeling better today; although not fully cured; so I'm going to try and finish many of the things I've left while in bed).  :D

We'll talk again about this, God willing ...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 07:41:36 pm by virtuali »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Ray

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 10:45:04 pm »
Maybe I am the only one on this planet to think that way, but I prefer a flyable aircraft to have less features but having the existing stuff accurately and faithfully replicated!
The above mentioned Superhornet in development has quite some errors in the visual exterior mesh of the aircraft, which are most probably not going to be corrected. These may not be obvious to the casual user, however to fans of the Hornet they are. To me, that fact, makes me losing interest in the product quicker than washing my hair, no matter how many avionics and whatnot features are included. If a company states it is developing the best of the best, never-seen-before, unmatched airplane add-on, I would also expect to have an accurate representation of the exterior model too, no?
IMHO, only Cloud9, with their Phantom, Starfighter and MB339 and the models of POSKY have achieved that goal. The latter of course not being a commercial company and so may not count in the same category, since they have virtually no budget constraints, but their models are extremely accurate.

So for my part, I am really looking forward to whatever FSDT is going to develop in the aircraft category. I know it will be done with the utmost attention to every included detail, the number of features may be less, but what is there is done right!  :)

(Oh how much would I have loved to see the Cloud9 F-104 expanded with the new 3d cockpit, TF-104 and additional external stores...)

« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 11:01:16 pm by Ray »

JamesChams

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 08:09:51 am »
Gents,

This is for all you FSDT F-14 Fan's, while we wait for them to birth this, we can sit back and enjoy a good video ...

Click HERE to Download Short Video Clip.

Enjoy!  ;D

« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 06:46:59 am by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Kofi

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 01:00:01 am »
Here's a nice F-14 for you--> http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/

JamesChams

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 01:11:23 am »
Here's a nice F-14 for you--> http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/

Thank you;

I know Dino's work from as far back as FS2000.  But, even though he's an excellent modeler; I know that it will pale compared to FSDT's; because these guys are "OLD SCHOOL" when it comes to doing things correctly.  Dino's model will be good (as FREEWARE), I'm sure, but FSDT's WILL BE AWESOME even as Payware -

Right Mr. Umberto "Virtuali"?

Also, I want FSDT's to be A+/B and a D model .... Please!  ;D

PS: Dino's model will use FSX Acceleration F/A-18 gauges which are FSDT's creation.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 01:26:34 am by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Kofi

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 07:33:26 pm »

PS: Dino's model will use FSX Acceleration F/A-18 gauges which are FSDT's creation.  ;)

Yes and the great thing about Dino's model is that it will be accessible to people who don't have the money available for payware that you have  ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 11:31:49 pm »
I kindly ask anyone to not touch the following arguments:

- politics

- religion

Both have no merit here, since are not related to FSDT or Flight Simulation in any way, and their only purpose is to start flaming wars.

JamesChams

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 09:10:12 pm »
Mr. Kofi,

I'm fairly certain that Virtuali will provide some promotion at that time which will resolve that issue for yourself and others, that may have the same issues you do.

:D
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 03:06:18 am by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

JamesChams

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 08:53:03 am »
Gents,

Click the picture to Enjoy this video Tribute ...

8)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams