Author Topic: fsx crash after installing CYVR **SOLVED**  (Read 5999 times)

lebr1

fsx crash after installing CYVR **SOLVED**
« on: July 09, 2015, 03:47:03 am »
HI!
    everything was fine until i installed CYVR  : i installed cyvr , launched fsx , launched the addon manager , inserted my serial N°
and activated it...so far so good. so , i closed fsx and when i wanted to restart fsx the problem began.

NOW, fsx keep crashing : " microsoft simulator stoped working...message"  see picture.

i have just bought CYVR , it is clearly related to this opus (IMHO) !

i am completely blocked , can you help me ,... please  !

thanks.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 09:52:56 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: fsx crash after installing CYVR
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 10:58:03 am »
NOW, fsx keep crashing : " microsoft simulator stoped working...message"  see picture. i have just bought CYVR , it is clearly related to this opus (IMHO) !

No, the crash is not caused by CYVR. Something like an AI missing texture, for example, might mislead you thinking the problem is the airport, but just because that AI is not normally visible with the default scenery (different parking in the scenery).

First, you must check WHAT has crashed, first. To verify this, go into the Windows Event Viewer (under the Tools section of the Windows Control Panel) and search in the Application log for the most recent FSX crashes.

The Detail view will indicate what FSX module has crashed, which might give some clue what caused it.

lebr1

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 02:56:45 pm »
hi umberto ,

i took a look on the eveny viewer and i saw this :

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0xffb800a7
Faulting process id: 0x20a0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0ba43a02516c5
Faulting application path: E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: f5bd78d1-2636-11e5-a0ed-54271efc6a65

really difficult for me to see something.

i said CYVR 'may caused the issue' because before it everything was fine , i think something went wrong in the activation process !
does cmiv2 means something to you  ?

also , i have gsx and other addons (kden , kphx , kiad ) of flightbeam wich i installed the day before.
could it be a problem within the couat engine or something like that ?

i assure you that fsx stopped working since CYVR !! fsx launch , the first screen appear then it crash immediately or a minute at max.

any lights ?

thanks for the reply.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 03:15:41 pm »
i said CYVR 'may caused the issue' because before it everything was fine , i think something went wrong in the activation process !

What activation has anything to do with this ? If something goes wrong with the activation, the scenery will just run in Trial mode.

does cmiv2 means something to you  ?

No idea what it is. Where you seen this name ?

also , i have gsx and other addons (kden , kphx , kiad ) of flightbeam wich i installed the day before.could it be a problem within the couat engine or something like that ?

First, the Couatl program CANNOT crash FSX, since it's an external .EXE so, by definition, it doesn't have the ability to cause an FSX crash. If Couatl itself crashed, if you would have seen it in the Event Viewer as a Couatl.exe crash report, but this won't affect FSX itself, you would simply lost the Couatl menu.

Also, fact you already had GSX and other FSDT sceneries running, further proves the problem cannot be anything in our modules, since they all require the same modules, and they all install them from the same source (they are downloaded automatically)

i assure you that fsx stopped working since CYVR !! fsx launch , the first screen appear then it crash immediately or a minute at max.

That *might* be an antivirus issue. Do you use Norton ? See this post here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12149.msg92466.html#msg92466

Not the same error as yours (the other user had a stackhash_0a9e error), but you might try copying the files manually. If the crash goes away, you can be 99% sure it was the antivirus.

lebr1

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 03:37:14 pm »
hi umberto,
               first , thanks for your help ! i am sure that cyvr is good as your fifferent opus !

i will clarify this a little more so we understand what happened :

a few hours before the incidebt i bought KDEN , KIAD ,and KHPX from flightbeam and installed and tried them with success !
then i bought CYVR and KJFK from fsdt.

here is the situation ! until now everything is running smooth with all programs or games and not a single crash with any hardware part.

so , now , i then installed CYVR ( just installed ! ) and tried to launch fsx...i can't say certainly now ,
if at that moment fsx alreasy crashed because i didn't expected a problem to arise. it is possible it did already ...but , lets say fsx did not crashed yet ,

i know that i never actualy launched CYVR , i launched fsx , entered into the addon manager and started the registration process...
i was not in windowed mode, btw , ...i followed the registration process untill the activation phase ( on the desktop of course )

AND THEN... when i clicked the last "OK button" i can't remeùber exactly if fsx made a CTD or if i succeded to re-enter fsx ...BUT...

Now , even if i was indeed inside fsx at that time , i got out to REOPEN fsx AND then try CYVR !

IT IS PRECISELY at this moment that fsx started repeateadly to crash with the error message (Exception code: 0xc0000005 )

after investigations , i saw that i am not the only one with the same issue...IT IS NOT THE OPUS which create this problem ,
it seems ,to me,to be related with an installation issue within couat , addon manager

But , like you said it might be the antivirus ( mcafee , for me ) , i will try what you said about the bglmanx files and tell you what.

Also , what do you think if i uninstall couat and the addon manager ? if so , do you recommand a specific way to remove them ?

THANKS AGAIN VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP  !!!   :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 09:01:34 pm »
But , like you said it might be the antivirus ( mcafee , for me ) , i will try what you said about the bglmanx files and tell you what.

Also , what do you think if i uninstall couat and the addon manager ? if so , do you recommand a specific way to remove them ?

JUST download and replace them manually, as I've said in the other thread, and report back. Don't do anything else.

lebr1

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2015, 04:26:59 pm »
hi umberto ,
                YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  exactly the solution !!!! i have replaced those bglmanx files , restarted and at first it did nothing...
at that moment i was really desperate and i left it like that saying to myself  : i will do drastic changes tomorow ... >:(

today , i tried again and the fsx asked me if i wanted to trust the bglmanx.dll file ...said yes and...BACK TO THE NORMAL STATE !!!

now, i have these 2 lines in my fsx.cfg , why ?  don't know ! but now fsx works , until now no more crash !

E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\bglmanx.dll.ukoqaorwawiehnttaanwckhtkruekwczicqqeear=1
E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\bglmanx.dll.liocooqueiocnoikrezuenzhwnlqoqbiulrltaht=1

i , so installed KJFK v2 as well with no more issue ...

is it really mcafee doing this ? is it the real time scaning ? i will investigate !

UMBERTO ! you saved my holidays , many thanks !!!  i was seeing myself reinstalling things , tweaking and so on...a real nightmare !

now i can fly !!!

thanks again. :-*

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2015, 09:54:56 am »
is it really mcafee doing this ? is it the real time scaning ? i will investigate !

Not sure, but in the other user case, it was Norton, which even if the file was excluded from scanning in all possible ways, when we checked into the antivirus log, it *still* flagged it with a red warning as a threat so, it's possible it tried to "heal" it and corrupted it while it was running.