Author Topic: Windows 8.1 addon manager issue  (Read 4256 times)

Rwalsh7

Windows 8.1 addon manager issue
« on: June 18, 2015, 10:15:09 pm »
Hello,

I cannot seem to get the addon manager to show up in fsx even though I ran the installer for gsx and its update multiple times with no error messages. Do you have any suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Windows 8.1 addon manager issue
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 10:17:42 pm »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with Windows 8.1 and the Addon Manager, which works normally under Windows 8.1

You don't say if you have been asked permission to run the Addon Manager the first time you launched FSX after installing GSX. If yes, have you replied YES to the question ? If no, or you don't remember, follow this COMPLETE procedure, don't skip ANY step:

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall GSX and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall GSX. Use the latest full GSX installer on our site.

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both. PAY ATTENTION TO THIS.

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

Rwalsh7

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 11:22:19 pm »
Thanks for the quick response.

I did all that and did get the prompt to run both programs when starting fsx. I hit run and yes for each, but there is no add ons tab in the fsx toolbar and no gsx options

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 10:32:45 am »
I did all that and did get the prompt to run both programs when starting fsx. I hit run and yes for each, but there is no add ons tab in the fsx toolbar and no gsx options

Please clarify if:

- There's NO "Addons" TAB AT ALL, in FSX (which would indicate a problem with FSX or Windows install)

OR

- There's no "Addon Manager" and/or "Couatl powered products" under the FSX "Addons" tab

OR

- There are no GSX sub-entries under the "Couatl powered products".

Rwalsh7

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 06:15:30 pm »
No addons tab at all

Rwalsh7

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 07:59:02 pm »
I dont think it is Windows since my computer is beand new, less than a week old

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 11:18:06 pm »
I dont think it is Windows since my computer is beand new, less than a week old

Well, if you are missing the *whole* "Addons" menu, it's either a Windows or an FSX installation problem. Unless you haven't installed ANY other 3rd party module into FSX ( not even FSUIPC ??? ).

Missing menu it's usually a problem of missing system libraries, and the libraries required by our modules (and FSX too) are:

- The Visual C++ 2013 runtime libraries. They are installed automatically by our installer, which launches the official MS installer. It might be possible that this installation hasn't gone well, so you might try to reinstall them manually, this way:

Download the VC++ 2013 runtimes from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Download and install the x86 version. Restart Windows after you installed them.

- The Simconnect libraries. They are installed by FSX itself, and the two service Packs. If you have FSX:Steam Edition, the Simconnect installer that comes with it is launched by our installer to. It might be possible that this installation hasn't gone well, so you might try to reinstall them manually, by launching this installer:

steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\Simconect SDK\Legacy Interfaces\FSX-XPACK\Simconnect.MSI

- Simconnect itself (part of FSX, without it, no 3rd party addons can open their menus, or work), requires the VC++ 2005 SP1 libraries, which are also installed by FSX itself. If you use FSX:Steam Edition, they are not needed.