Author Topic: no updates  (Read 8412 times)

mroschk

no updates
« on: June 18, 2015, 06:50:27 pm »
i had no updtes since a long time.
Is the updating process finished and you work only on the new version?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: no updates
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 10:24:31 pm »
Yes, we are working only on the new version now, which is constantly updated, but it stays on a different (test) server, so you won't get Live Update notifications when running the standard version, of any updates that happens on the Beta version.

So, if you want to get the latest updates, you must download and install the Couatl 3 Public Beta version.

mroschk

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 10:45:46 pm »
i am not sure about the state of the new beta and if you need any assistance of me because the
last time you reject all my proposals, needs and wishes.
even if you did anything wrong and i give you a well describet official document with the correct procedure
as example.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 11:20:55 am »
i am not sure about the state of the new beta and if you need any assistance of me because the last time you reject all my proposals, needs and wishes.

Only the ones that didn't make any sense were rejected, as already discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10780.msg83679.html#msg83679

even if you did anything wrong and i give you a well describet official document with the correct procedure as example.

I haven't got any document from you. I only got a PM with some rantings about the pushback procedure being supposedly "entirely wrong", when it's clearly not, since some difference you keep talking, are normal differences in airline procedures.

The one and only email I got from you (August 2013), there wasn't any document attached, you discussed of the Left/Right naming convention (you wanted to reverse it, when it didn't make any sense, of course), and you concluded it with the following.

Hello again,

thanks for the update !!

IT's PERFECT NOW !!!

Thanks
Matthias

So, if you have any official document, please send it, and clearly explain where you want GSX to be changed and why, and we'll have a look at it.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 11:59:14 pm by virtuali »

mroschk

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 09:49:05 pm »
I dont want to discuss this again with you.

I send you the official Pushback Documents by eMail.
( because some mesages between the Pilot and Wingwalker was wrong )

I inform you that the Wing Walker always walks the inner radius of the pushback turn

I ask you for Wheel Chocks
I ask you for a ( ok, dummy ) GPU
I ask you for a ( ok, dummy ) ASU

Deicers are really great !!

I hope it comes with the new version

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 11:10:20 pm »
I dont want to discuss this again with you.

Obviously, since your your attitude is well known on this forum (see the post I've linked, the other users comment)

I send you the official Pushback Documents by eMail.

No, you haven't. As I've said, the one and only email exchange I ever got from you, dated August 2013, didn't included ANY attached file, surely not an "official document". The ONLY thing you ever attached to the one and only email exchange we ever had, had a screenshot you made to explain how you wanted the Left/Right pushback message to be changed.

Yes, the same email that ended with a "Now is perfect, thank you"...

I don't have ANY other email from you after that date. Well, I have a way older email from 2011, but it was almost a year before GSX was released, and there weren't any documents attached either.

( because some mesages between the Pilot and Wingwalker was wrong )

I do remember some private message you sent me about this, but I couldn't understand exactly what you were saying, and there was no "official" document either. If I had an official documents, maybe with some COMMENTS from you, it would have been easier to understand what you were trying to say, but I haven't got any so far.

I inform you that the Wing Walker always walks the inner radius of the pushback turn

This is something we'll like to fix for GSX 2, because it's not the easiest thing to do.

I ask you for Wheel Chocks

I never said they wouldn't come. Together with Traffic Cones, most likely, but it's still something that, right now, has a lower priority compared to other fixes. We are revisiting the WHOLE GSX in the Beta ( haven't you NOTICED the Beta has a "Follow Me to the Runway" feature ? ), and are trying to remove as many bugs as possible, BEFORE adding new features.

I ask you for a ( ok, dummy ) GPU
I ask you for a ( ok, dummy ) ASU

If we'll add these vehicles, we'll try to have them working, if possible. As I've said, several times already, a LOT of the popular airplanes that everybody uses, already have their own vehicles, that usually work with their system. So, we don't want to risk to add a feature that nobody will use, because nobody uses default airplanes.

Deicers are really great !!

And we are working to add new vehicles, like Lavatory and Water vehicles, which I believe will be more nice/useful than wheelchoks or cones. Not saying they WON'T come, but after these ones.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 11:59:47 pm by virtuali »

mroschk

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 11:23:48 pm »
No, you haven't. As I've said,

it seams wat you sad and what i did are different things.
search for a zip called "PHB_Ausbildung.zip" i send to you.

like Lavatory and Water vehicles

Dont forget ... these HAVE TO WORK too like the ASU/GPU you rejected

mroschk

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2015, 11:39:43 pm »
again for you:

I work for UPS Gateway ORF, and currently just finished training on the headset. Here is what we use for a NON-AIRSTART
 C:Cockpit to ground
 G:This is ground, stand-by.
 At this point, I would give the signal to remove the front wheel chocks (the others and the cones are removed prior to communication).
 G:Ok sir, all chocks and cones are removed and I confirm that all bay doors are closed. We are standing by for pushback.
 C:Roger. You are cleared to push. Parking brake is released.
 Now I would give the signal to begin pushback to the tug driver.
 G:We are commencing pushback now, sir.
 The tug pushes the plane out. Once the plane has cleared all the equipment:
 G:You are cleared of the gate. Cleared to start right engine.
 C:Starting right engine.
 The tug continues to push the plane back, turns it, slows and stops.
 G:Set paring brake.
 C:Parking brake is set.
 I unhook the tow bar and remove the steering pin.
 G:You are cleared to start left engine.
 C:Starting left
 C:Ok, it looks like we have two good starts.
 G:Roger that. Tow bar has been disconnected and steering pin has been removed.
 C:Copy that. You are cleared off the headset. Have a good night.
 G:Yes sir. Have a nice flight home and we will see you tomorrow. Please watch your left for my signal.
 I unhook the headset and run out to a visible spot clear of the engines. I make sure that there is a marshaller positioned in front of the aircraft and all other personell are clear. The signals are: both wands straight up (all clear), then one wand across my chest pointing at the marshaller (hand-off signal), then a salute. Then I clear myself of the plane, wait for the landing light flash, look the plane over quickly as the engines throttle up, give the captain a thumbs up, and one more salute. Then we are all clear.
 For an airstart, GPU stays connected, and the right engine is started before the chocks are removed, then I am cleared from the cockpit to disconnect. The air, GPU and chocks are all removed at that time and the left is started at the same time.
 The above instructions are for a 757. There are slight differences in the 757, 727 and DC8, but the basics are the same. Hope this helps.
 -Jason
 N139J 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2015, 11:45:02 pm »
it seams wat you sad and what i did are different things.
search for a zip called "PHB_Ausbildung.zip" i send to you.

Dont forget ... these HAVE TO WORK too like the ASU/GPU you rejected

Wrong. Again.

We would rather not do such vehicles (ASU/GPU) in a fake way, because:

1) Lots of popular 3rd party airplanes have WORKING ASU/GPU, that connects to their internal simulation of the electrical system or the engine start system. This means fake ones in GSX will end up being unused, for the most popular airplanes.

2) Default airplanes, that not many users use anymore, don't have a meaningful system we could connect to. FSX has a standard APU feature, but the default airplanes don't use it, 3rd party airplanes use their own system (and they come with their vehicle) and freeware airplanes don't use it too, because it was introduced with FSX, and many freeware airplanes were made following knowledge that came with FS9 and earlier, so the FSX default APU feature hasn't been used a lot.

Lavatory/Water vehicles, instead, don't really require to connect to specific systems, so we CAN afford to make them "fake", just like the baggage loader, that doesn't really "load" the airplane with the luggage weight, so it's just eye-candy, but it would the same for BOTH complex 3rd party airplanes, and freeware/default ones.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 12:01:04 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2015, 11:52:10 pm »
again for you:

I work for UPS Gateway ORF, and currently just finished training on the headset. Here is what we use for a NON-AIRSTART

I wanted for an "official document", possibly with YOUR OWN comments, instead of a copy&paste from Airliners.net

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/511918/

Which in the same thread (which I read so many times), contains quite a bit of airline-specific differences. I'm still waiting for your official document and comments, again...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2015, 11:56:09 pm »
it seams wat you sad and what i did are different things.search for a zip called "PHB_Ausbildung.zip" i send to you.

As I've said, several times by now, I don't have any other emails from you other than the ones I already indicated from August 2013. None of them had such attachment. And yes, I searched the whole computer. And no, I keep all my emails, dating back to 1999...

So, maybe you wanted to send it, but somehow you haven't. Or maybe it was lost in the way, maybe an antispam filter removed it. It happens sometimes.

What's so difficult just resending it ? That's what people usually do, when repeatedly told "I haven't got your email"...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 12:02:10 am by virtuali »

mroschk

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2015, 12:31:37 am »
i send it AGAIN to you

p .. you really searched your pc for the doc in 4 minutes??
Posted on: Today at 10:52:10 PM
Posted by: virtuali

Posted on: Today at 10:56:09 PM
Posted by: virtuali
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 12:34:59 am by mroschk »

b757

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2015, 04:51:40 am »
Why don't you relax, friend?! He said he is working on stuff. I'm sure virtuali has a life and is not working on FSDT stuff all the time. GSX is an awesome add-on with incredible features. Updates aren't going to come out every day. Let virtuali work on the product and he will let us know when it is usable. You realize he gets "improve your product" email/PMs I'm sure almost every day. Let him do his work and we will be grateful for it later!

Intel i7 Haswell 4.0ghz, ASUS Z97 Pro wi-fi, Corsair 16gb DDR3 2133mhz, EVGA GTX 970 SC, Seagate 1TB 7200rpm, Corsair RM850 PSW
FSDT KDFW KLAS KJFKv2 KLAX KORD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2015, 09:42:44 am »
p .. you really searched your pc for the doc in 4 minutes??

LOL...have you ever heard of Apple's Spotlight ? It can search the whole hard drive (my MacBook Pro has a 1TB SSD), in WAY LESS THAN 4 minutes! I would be annoyed if it took as LONG as 4 minutes to search a file...it takes *seconds* to search for any word or text inside a folder of 30000+ emails, or any file on the hdd.

You are really embarrassing yourself now.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2015, 09:45:14 am »
i send it AGAIN to you

You sent it for the FIRST TIME, and I've received it now. The name, of course, was different than the one you claimed to have sent earlier.  And yes, I searched for this this name too, and the one and only copy I got, is the one you just emailed now.