Author Topic: Crashing when off 13s  (Read 3763 times)

northwestDC9

Crashing when off 13s
« on: October 27, 2008, 02:52:02 am »
Hi everyone,

So far really enjoying JFK! It really is breathtaking however... whenever I take off or get near the beginning of the 13s the entire system makes a weird noise and reboots.
I've tried a bunch of different aircraft and it wasn't doing it before the scenery was installed... Any time of day in FS, any circumstances, if I get near that area it restarts.

I have Imaginesim's LaGuardia and Newark installed, both are the only sceneries installed in the area and have been there for years without causing any problems.

I'd much appreciate a fix so I can fly the Canarsie!

Thanks guys!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Crashing when off 13s
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 12:07:06 pm »
So far really enjoying JFK! It really is breathtaking however... whenever I take off or get near the beginning of the 13s the entire system makes a weird noise and reboots.

That's probably either an hardware problem or a driver problem. There's nothing the scenery could do by itself to create *that* issue. Fact you hear a noise, if it's coming from the audio card, might be an issue with irq sharing between the audio card and the hard drive. Not all drivers are able to deal properly with irq sharing. If the noise is coming from the pc speaker instead, is probably something related to the mainboard, like overheating for example.