Author Topic: ILS/GS issues at KFLL **SOLVED**  (Read 12042 times)

pegruder

ILS/GS issues at KFLL **SOLVED**
« on: June 08, 2015, 02:47:31 pm »
Hello all!  I'd like to start off with a wow - I am truly blown away by the quality of all the FSDT scenerys.  I purchased KLAS a few days ago and had to pick up a bunch of other airports that I hit often in my virtual travels.  From install to usage everything is top quality.

However I had a bit of an issue last night with KFLL.  I was flying from KDFW to KFLL on an uneventful trip.  Pro ATC Cleared me to 10R, I tuned to frequency 108.5 (If i remember correctly), I intercepted the localizer, shortly after captured the glide slope and began descent.  However I noticed on the VASI it seemed I was a little high.  As I got closer it seemed the GS was going to have me touch down in the middle of the runway.  Ended up crashing because I didnt abort in time.  After the sim reset I set myself up on 10R, took off and flew around to try and land again to see if it was a fluke.  This time there was no glideslope indicator on the virtual horizon panel only a localizer.  Also noticed there seemed to be no CAT3 ILS here as well.

I did download the updated AFCADs during install although I still suspect an AFCAD issue.  Any ideas?  I'm not really sure where to start.  I'm running this on P3D v2.5 and using the PMDG 737NGX.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 05:20:19 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: ILS/GS issues at KFLL
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 05:20:11 pm »
What you reported it's not a scenery problem/issue.

The approach for 10R, as clearly indicated on the charts that comes with the scenery (the runway was named 9R back then, but it has changed into 10R because of the annual magnetic variation change) for the 108.5 frequency, it's a LOCALIZER only, there's NO Glideslope in real life, so there's no Glideslope in the scenery too.

You are supposed to follow the vertical approach path as indicated in the approach plate (start your descent on the Outer Marker, as indicated on the chart) , and use VASI as a reference for your descent.

pegruder

Re: ILS/GS issues at KFLL **SOLVED**
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 05:37:40 pm »
That answers it then.  Not sure why a GS showed up the first time around as it seems the second pass acted as it should.  Good to know - should have checked the chart first!  Thanks for making such quality scenery.

jsbryner

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 03:00:22 am »

The approach for 10R, as clearly indicated on the charts that comes with the scenery (the runway was named 9R back then, but it has changed into 10R because of the annual magnetic variation change) for the 108.5 frequency, it's a LOCALIZER only, there's NO Glideslope in real life, so there's no Glideslope in the scenery too.

You are supposed to follow the vertical approach path as indicated in the approach plate (start your descent on the Outer Marker, as indicated on the chart) , and use VASI as a reference for your descent.

Greetings Umberto,
KFLL runway 10R now has an ILS / LOC approach. See http://flightaware.com/resources/airport/FLL/IAP/ILS+OR+LOC+RWY+10R/pdf.  111.75 is the FREQ for LOC/DME I-FLL.  I tried to fly it yesterday and ended up executing a visual approach. I understand the FSDT team is quite busy, but will there be an AFCAD update for KFLL?

I thank you in advance for your consideration and the second to none scenery your team continues to produce for FSX and Prepar3D.

Respectfully,
Jeffrey S. Bryner

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 08:27:04 am »
We'll look into it.

jsbryner

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 04:36:51 pm »
We'll look into it.

Thank you.

Jeffrey S. Bryner

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 08:10:24 pm »

Greetings Umberto,
KFLL runway 10R now has an ILS / LOC approach. See http://flightaware.com/resources/airport/FLL/IAP/ILS+OR+LOC+RWY+10R/pdf.  111.75 is the FREQ for LOC/DME I-FLL.  I tried to fly it yesterday and ended up executing a visual approach. I understand the FSDT team is quite busy, but will there be an AFCAD update for KFLL?

I thank you in advance for your consideration and the second to none scenery your team continues to produce for FSX and Prepar3D.

Respectfully,
Jeffrey S. Bryner

It will need more than an AFCAD update. 10R has been completely rebuilt from what is in the scenery. The new runway is longer and wider to accommodate airline traffic. The runway in the FSDT scenery is the original width and length and is only for g/a aircraft or light jets.