Author Topic: Coutl Crashes at KLAX  (Read 3957 times)

vertigho

Coutl Crashes at KLAX
« on: June 02, 2015, 11:35:47 pm »
Hi all.

I'm currently using KLAX with P3D v2.5 and have encountered an issue.

It seems from time-to-time (somewhat unpredictably) coutl will crash at KLAX. I have not had this issue at any other FSDT airport (KDFW, KLAS, KJFK) -- only at KLAX. When the issue occurs, naturally the terminals and textures disappear. Sometimes the issue occurs while departing the airport, whilst other times it happens after arriving.

Attempts to restart coutl after this happens are unsuccessful.

Not entirely sure what the problem may be. Strange that it would occur only at KLAX, but not at other FSDT airports.

I look forward to any/all suggestions. Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Coutl Crashes at KLAX
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 11:57:49 pm »
Try the Couatl 3 Public Beta here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11796.0.html

Which is the one we are actively developing now, and that we are interested in getting a feedback on.

vertigho

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 06:56:43 am »
Hey, thanks for the heads-up Umberto. I did download and install the new version of Coutl. During the installation an error was found and corrected, and moreover, I did three flights into/out-of KLAX without issue. I figured the problem had been solved.

Unfortunately upon arriving at Los Angeles tonight (from Seattle) I experienced another coutl/KLAX crash. It would seem my initial optimism was misplaced.

Any further ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 11:39:49 pm »
During the installation an error was found and corrected

Which error ?

Unfortunately upon arriving at Los Angeles tonight (from Seattle) I experienced another coutl/KLAX crash. It would seem my initial optimism was misplaced.

Please describe the crash. Do you see an error message ? If yes, which one ?

Do you have a Couatl.ERR file in your %APPDATA%\Virtuali\ folder ? If yes, sent it please.

vertigho

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 03:57:29 am »
I don't recall what specific error was found, unfortunately.

As far as the crash goes, there is no error message, just a slight hiccup in the sim (about a 1 second stutter) followed by an immediate disappearing of all textures, terminals, etc. When I go the menu, I can see that couatl is no longer running. However P3D continues to run fine, no issues whatsoever with the sim itself, no CTDs. Just a crash of couatl.

I checked the folder you referenced and didn't see a .err file.