Author Topic: KLAS Library problem  (Read 5665 times)

blackbird971

KLAS Library problem
« on: May 29, 2015, 10:12:34 pm »
Hello guys,

I'm in a bit of a big problem. I have bought today Las Vegas. For some reason, I can't find my scenery in the FSX Library so I can't see the scenery..

It's really troublesome. I tried to add it in the library but it says that I have already have it activated in the library.

Can anyone help me please ? I really need some help !

Cheers !

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLAS Library problem
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 06:56:00 am »
I'm in a bit of a big problem. I have bought today Las Vegas. For some reason, I can't find my scenery in the FSX Library so I can't see the scenery..

The installer automatically adds the scenery to the Scenery Library, unless you have an error in your scenery.cfg. But if you have an error in your scenery.cfg, you should have seen an error during the installation. Have you see any errors while installing ?

If you haven't seen any errors, a possible cause of the problem is that you are running FSX in "Compatibility" mode, like XP under Windows 7/8, etc. This is not how FSX it's installed by default, and it will also cause performance problems, and it will change the location of some folders using by FSX, including the location of the scenery.cfg

So, check in the file Properties/Compatibility for FSX.EXE, that NOTHING is enabled in that page. No Compatibility mode should be checked.

blackbird971

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 03:18:58 pm »
I'll try and see if there is an error while installing but I think not !

I'm sorry but I dont use compatibility options so no I dont have that problem.

blackbird971

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 03:34:14 pm »
I have No installation problems sorry :/ !

It really is becoming annoying !

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 07:26:00 pm »
I have No installation problems

Then please indicate all the following:

- Does the KLAS scenery appear listed in the FSX Scenery Library ?

AND

- What the Addon Manager says about it ?

blackbird971

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 11:59:27 pm »

I tried to add it in the library but it says that I have already have it activated in the library.

No it doesn't show so I tried what is listed above.

It is proven in the Addon Manager that it is Activated and Installed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 10:24:15 am »
It is proven in the Addon Manager that it is Activated and Installed

You mean the Addon Manager says the scenery is installed, but it's not there in default FSX Scenery Library ?

If this is the case, the problem is not the scenery or the Addon Manager, you have a problem that FSX, somehow, is looking at the wrong scenery.cfg, while the Addon Manager is using the right one.

Do you have P3D installed too ? Have you ever used the P3D Migration Tool ? It's possible that, because having used that tool, your FSX registry keys are now pointing to the wrong (P3D) location.