Author Topic: SBGR.BGL Afcad **SOLVED**  (Read 4879 times)

vc-10man

SBGR.BGL Afcad **SOLVED**
« on: May 26, 2015, 06:52:46 pm »
I have just installed an airport from TropicalSim for SBGR. But when I try to use GSX at it, none of the gates, or parking slots match up to what is available from the 'Customise Airport Position'. The Afcad points to MyTraffic6. Is there a way to get GSX to recognise the Afcad for the TropicalSim version of SBGR rather than the default scenery's version?

Aircraft: PMDG's 777-300ER
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 08:18:40 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SBGR.BGL Afcad
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 01:12:48 am »
The Afcad points to MyTraffic6. Is there a way to get GSX to recognise the Afcad for the TropicalSim version of SBGR rather than the default scenery's version?

You must be sure that the MyTraffic area is on a lower lever on the Scenery Library than the one of the airport. Then restart FSX and be sure that GSX is updating its cache.

If this doesn't fix it, just remove the AFCAD from MyTraffic, which will surely cause problem, since it was made for the default airport. Be sure you don't remove it when FSX is running.

vc-10man

Re: SBGR.BGL Afcad
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 01:39:00 am »
Thank you for that reply, Virtuali

That did the trick. I moved the My Traffic right down the Scenery Library list to be just above the default airport, Langley AFB, and this time I got the GSX working at TropicalSim's SBGR.

skyymann

Re: SBGR.BGL Afcad **SOLVED**
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 08:27:47 am »
Hi Umberto,

I tried the exact thing with SBGL and it still doesnt work. Any suggestions?

Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 11:37:58 am »
I tried the exact thing with SBGL and it still doesnt work. Any suggestions?

In the customize airport position dialog, you'll see the AFCAD in use by GSX, which should help you understanding what the problem is.

skyymann

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 03:26:26 pm »
Hello Umberto,

That seems to be the issue, It doesnt seem to see any AFCAD at all. I just landed at SBBE, which is an FSX airport and I got the same thing. I hope I didnt mess GSX up with the new update....

Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 03:31:33 pm »
That seems to be the issue, It doesnt seem to see any AFCAD at all.

Do you have the "Airport cache loaded" message as soon as FSX starts ? If no, perhaps GSX is still recreating the cache (and you might not know it, if you set the "Verbosity" slider too low).

Assuming you have installed GSX with the latest full installer (if not, do it), try the following:

- Remove the following folders (with FSX NOT running):

%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft\FSX
%PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl

Then restart FSX and wait for the airport cache to be regenerated. Also, be sure you exclude for the antivirus scanning the whole FSX folder, because the antivirus can slow down the cache regeneration A LOT ( like 10x slower ).