Author Topic: Any chance of getting an updated KDFW someday?  (Read 6158 times)

DMullert

Any chance of getting an updated KDFW someday?
« on: May 23, 2015, 07:34:56 pm »
Hello Gang!

It's been several years now and DFW has undergone several changes and improvements.  Any chances to see an updated version (payware or freeware) anytime in the future?

Thanks!

Dennis
Sincerely,

Dennis D. Mullert

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Any chance of getting an updated KDFW someday?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 12:46:22 pm »
We already several major updates to our earlier sceneries:

1) Zurich has been updated, for free, when a new terminal got replaced.

2) Chicago has been updated, for free, when a new runway has been added. It will be updated again in the  near future

3) JFK has been updated, for a small price (because the rework was massive), too.

And we already said here on the forum, the next scenery updates will probably be KLAS first, and KORD next, and we'll start working on them after KMEM will be released.

These sceneries will have to be updated first, because they are even older than KDFW so, as a general rule, you should expect we'll update older sceneries first, which means KDFW might come, as an update, after KLAS and KORD updates.

So, the real answer to your question, should be:

As long FSDT will stay business, you can expect ALL our sceneries will eventually be updated every few years, either with a free or a payware update, because we'll have to keep them "fresh" on the market, and to adapt to new hardware or new versions of the sim, and update the airport to real word changes in addition.

DMullert

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 06:12:21 pm »
Thank you for your reply Umberto.

I get it.  I do not get the "warm and fuzzy" feeling, however when you say "As long FSDT will stay business", but I understand.

Thanks again!

Dennis
Sincerely,

Dennis D. Mullert

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 08:20:54 am »
It'll take some time, but in the future. The one that also really needs an update is KFLL. I just landed here the other day and it's changed a lot since they converted the only 10R to a long runway that is almost on a platform for the road traffic to go under. Plus the diagonal runway is gone and a new terminal is under construction.  No point in them working on it now since it's still a moving target.

Back to DFW,  it will be neat to see the new terminal B section added as well as some update to the terminal E satellite area that is now in use. Aside from that and the stuff they did to the outside of terminal A, it probably wouldn't take a lot to update it since not much else has changed that I am aware of.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 10:09:49 am »
I do not get the "warm and fuzzy" feeling, however when you say "As long FSDT will stay business"

I used this term just because I didn't want to write "forever" (nothing lasts forever...), not to imply that FSDT might out of business!

DMullert

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 01:52:31 pm »
Hey CMPBLLSJC

Yes, agreed.  I think that since the last release of FSDT's KDFW, the airport also added a taxiway that goes around the southern end of runways 17 to alleviate traffic.  There is still quite a bit of construction going on at TE as well as TC right now and there is even talk of a future international TF to accommodate the A380's and such.  The GA section was also moved from the old location to the old American Eagle terminal across from TA.
Sincerely,

Dennis D. Mullert