Author Topic: XPOI Features!!!  (Read 9421 times)

JamesChams

XPOI Features!!!
« on: October 23, 2008, 10:04:39 pm »
Virtuali/FSDT Staff,

I've just tried XPOI today for a short time and am very impressed ... BRAVO! 
It is a concept that has tremendous abilities and even further opportunities.  My I request for the possibilities of a few features that I know user like myself would enjoy ? ???

1.  I mentioned the use of your scenery manuals and (.pdf) SID's/approach plates as an option for a file reading capability of your Mini-Web Browser.  You (Virtuali) indicated that sounded like a possibility with the addition of the interface; I hope that you can achieve that too with the next version.  :D

2.  This is something "we" (aviators) use in varied number of high technology aircraft which have satilite based technology; like we have in the Gulfstream and Garmin 1000 aircraft, which can have that too with a subscription through Jeppesen.  I took a picture of it from the companies Gulfstream G550;  It is a moving Aircraft ICON supper imposed ontop of an airport diagram.  What this does is let us pilots get exact aircraft location information and taxiway information from airports that have limited or NO services after the airport is shut down (like after mid-night) from the FAA's NOS charts.  So we can do our progressive taxies and other things; like get descreet frequences for facilities etc.  This feature, if you could implement it for your XPOI Mini-Web browser interface would allow users of your sceneries to taxi comfortably on the many and varied taxiways (that are NOT Sign assisted) especially for ParkMe spots since there is NO diagram with all the spots listed in the manuals and we can't get progress Taxi to ParkMe spots with FS' default ATC program.

Can this be done?   ???

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 12:14:44 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

JamesChams

Re: XPOI Features!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 11:28:19 pm »
UPDATE:

Also, can you add a function to menu's of XPOI and ParkMe for us to manually close the windows?

Like a Close Window " [X] " to the popup menus ...

Grazie!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 11:45:57 pm by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 12:27:18 am »
Also, can you add a function to menu's of XPOI and ParkMe for us to manually close the windows?

With "windows", you mean the transparent windows ? If yes, it's already there.

For example, if you open the CTRL+F9 Wikipedia menu, a further press of CTRL+F9 wil close it. Same for CTRL+F10 for the web browser (this will work only if the focus is still on the FSX windows, otherwise, if you move the focuse to the web browser, the standard ALT+F4 will close it), and for CTRL+F12 YouControl, pressing the hotkey with the meny window open, will close it.

JamesChams

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 01:06:12 am »
Virtuali,

Thanks, I didn't know that ... using the same function keys to open/close those windows.
The browers wasn't a problem just the others.

Thanks!

PS:  What about the other features (.pdf's/ Aircraft ICON super-imposed on the approach charts)?  Any thoughts/Ideas?
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 01:11:05 am »
PS:  What about the other features (.pdf's/ Aircraft ICON super-imposed on the approach charts)?  Any thoughts/Ideas?

Something might be possible, but we are working more on the 3d/scenery part of the product right now.

The next version will include navaids/intersections/airports as POIs, without the need to be connected to the Internet, and read straight from FSX, without having the scan the BGL database, which leads to all sort of problems.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 01:31:05 am by virtuali »

ganesh

• Administrator
  • Developer of Couatl
    • Gamecentric
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 01:15:43 am »
Can this be done?   ???

I can only say that we are getting a lot of positive feedback about XPOI and we are definitely going to improve it ;) The possibilities offered by the new Couatl engine are exceeding our expectations and we will do our best to consider all feature requests. Thanks a lot for your suggestions. Stay tuned.
Ganesh
Developer of Couatl

JamesChams

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 01:17:00 am »
Virtuali,

Sounds Great!    8)

Will this be a "paid upgrade" for existing customers or part of the other two sceneries in development now? (i.e. you buy that you get ParkMe, XPOI, etc. with it  ???  )

Ganesh,

All XPOI Power to you ...  :D ;D
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 01:32:51 am »
Will this be a "paid upgrade" for existing customers

Any XPOI added feature will always be a free update.