Author Topic: No buildings even Addon Manager is showing airports as ACTIVE **SOLVED**  (Read 5504 times)

looping

Hi,
Hi,

All my FSDT (KORD, KFLL, KLAX, KLAS, KDFW, CYVR) airports worked well until this morning after I installed the free Greystone 17FL airport.
I confirmed positively 1 message (I think from cuatl, but not sure) after FSX start.

As a result I had no buildings on Greystone and on the other FSDT airports any more and the Addon Manager menu was missing.
After deleting 4 bglmanx.dll entries in the fsx.cfg and new start, the Addon Manager is back as there are the buildings on Greystone.
However the other FSDT airports don't show buildings, even the Addon Manager is listing them all as "Installed and ACTIVE".

There is only one bglmanx.dll line now in the fsx.cfg

What can I do?

BRgds
Ernst

FSX Gold, DX9, Addon Manager 3.0.0.4
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 02:26:27 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No buildings even Addon Manager is showing airports as ACTIVE
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 05:46:37 pm »
Do you have BOTH the Addon Manager AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the FSX "Addons" menu ?

looping

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 10:26:16 pm »
Good question!
No, no Cuatl ... menu under FSX Addons menu.
How do I get this cuatl function back?

Thanks for instructions and best regards
Ernst

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 12:33:40 pm »
No, no Cuatl ... menu under FSX Addons menu. How do I get this cuatl function back?

The most common case is a defective antivirus, which might be fixed this way:

Be sure you use the CURRENT version of the installer.

- DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL with the antivirus entirely OFF

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall GSX with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu

looping

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 09:41:10 pm »
Sorry, but I have a problem in understanding your reply.
What sort of current installer should I download?
I have no GSX installed.
Virus scanning never was problem with my system and all worked fine before the Greystone install.
Should I possibly uninstall/reinstall any scenery to get cuatl back?

Thank you for letting me know more specific what to do.

Ernst

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 10:13:08 am »
Sorry, but I have a problem in understanding your reply.
What sort of current installer should I download? I have no GSX installed.

If you don't have GSX installed (why ? It's free for all FSDT airports, and you should consider it as being required, since lots of scenery features like docking systems are not contained in GSX), you can use any FSDT installer.

For example KORD, which is required to have Greystone working.

looping

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 08:25:33 am »
Hi Virtuali,

In most of the FSDT airports I have AES active, but I will study/consider GSX.

But I still have no airports buildings on all my FSDT airports (except Greystone) and NO cuatl menu entry.

How do I get the airport buildings back without GSX installed?

Ernst

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 08:54:02 am »
How do I get the airport buildings back without GSX installed?

As I've said in my previous reply:

If you don't have GSX installed (why ? It's free for all FSDT airports, and you should consider it as being required, since lots of scenery features like docking systems are not contained in GSX), you can use any FSDT installer. For example KORD

GSX is not required to have the scenery *working*, it's required to add some scenery features that are included with only with GSX, for example sceneries that have docking systems won't have them without GSX installed.

So, try the uninstall/reinstall procedure explained about, using a scenery installer in place of GSX. KORD, in this case, should be used, since Greystone doesn't work without it.

looping

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 01:41:13 pm »
This is just to confirm that after removing and reinstalling KORD all is OK again.

I had a look into GSX but expect problems with my many airports with AES active.
Do these two systems work well together without too many configuration efforts to be made?

Thanks for your help in restoring the FSDT airports and your advice on GSX together with AES.

Rgds
Ernst

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 02:26:20 pm »
I had a look into GSX but expect problems with my many airports with AES active. Do these two systems work well together without too many configuration efforts to be made?

Many users found the easier option is to use AES just for the jetways (which GSX doesn't do), and GSX for everything else, which can be done by disabling all doors in the AES Menu except the main door and, if the parking has a fake/static jetway, be sure you enable the "parking has a jetway" option in the GSX parking customization page.

looping

This sounds very promissing!
I think I'll soon be a GSX user...

Thank you for this information and best regards
Ernst