Author Topic: F/A-18 Flight Planning tutorial  (Read 100687 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: F/A-18 Flight Planning tutorial
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 09:13:39 pm »
for virtuali: i tried everything you said but the error comes again

I confirm the error only happens if you load a flight that was saved when a flight plan was active.

If you start from a flight that didn't had a flight plan active when it was saved, and you either create a flight plan from scratch, or you load a previously created flight plan (NOT a "Flight" a "Flight Plan"!!!) there's no crash.

zo0_0om

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2009, 08:55:14 am »
hi  all
can anybody explane more for f-18 how to set Alt

thnx

Tregarth

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 06:55:07 pm »
Hi I am a new guy to this site and found very good articles on F18. My F18 following is not working:
ARC mode: this is done by rotating the small knob on the top left of the CENTER DDI, on the D-CTR position. I cannot rotate it.

No, nor can I, Compass Rose is the default.  If I put the cursor over the small knob on the centre DDI as described in the Flight Planning tutorial the cursor changes to a small fist but nothing happens.

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009, 10:46:32 pm »
the cursor changes to a small fist but nothing happens.

To rotate the knob, you need to use the mouse wheel when the cursor changes shape

Tregarth

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2009, 06:07:33 pm »
Dear Virtuali,

Thank you very much indeed for answering my questions so promptly and helpfully.

You answers and tutorials have made a good HUD excellent and also made the F-18 a good aircraft to fly.

Good job, I am very grateful.

Best Regards.

Blascogeno

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2010, 08:06:54 am »
Hi all i am new, also if this guide is an old one i appreciated it a lot, really useful for me, thank you so much!

FS Dream Team,
I just wanted to post this note to say, 'thank you'.  I have always dreamed of having a modern jet fighter in MS flight simulator and you folks did it.  The quality and performance of the F/A-18 is second to none.  You all have done a really great job with this product.  Thank you.

Jay

May be i don't understand fine english, but.... is he (and others) thinking that F18 was developed in Fsx by Fsdreamteam?? :D

I also had the problem of the Fsx's crash pressing the Seq's soft button, it happens always if i had not created any flightplan, if a flightplan is created and loaded correctly it doesn't happens.
I hope this will be helpful for someone, also if this 3d is very old.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2010, 11:28:55 am »
May be i don't understand fine english, but.... is he (and others) thinking that F18 was developed in Fsx by Fsdreamteam??

Yes, of course we did (although not entirely), and that's a well known fact in the flightsim community...which is why there's an F/A-18 forum here in the first place!

We made the Virtual Cockpit Panel (well, it's the only panel it has...), and all the systems/gauges programming. Captain Sim made the external model, and Microsoft made the Flight model and the Sound set. We also made the gauges for the EH-101 included in FSX Acceleration.

Ray

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2010, 10:16:03 pm »
We made the Virtual Cockpit Panel (well, it's the only panel it has...), and all the systems/gauges programming. Captain Sim made the external model, and Microsoft made the Flight model and the Sound set. We also made the gauges for the EH-101 included in FSX Acceleration.

That explains why everything besides the virtual cockpit panel and gauges and system programmings, falls far behind in terms of quality.

StraitDJ

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2010, 06:19:38 pm »
Is there a way to add waypoints to a flight plan from within the cockpit? i.e. input the lat/long vs. using nav aids and/or fixes?

Additionally, is it possible to mark, capture, or create a waypoint at the aircraft's position using either the navigation system and/or the GPS?

I am currently pulling up the shift+z to grab a lat/long as I overfly a place of interest.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2010, 08:18:43 pm »
You can use the FSX Flight Planner. and enter an arbitrary waypoint by dragging the route line on the map. You can also use the Map to get Lat/Lon for an area.

Once the route is in the Flight Planner, the F-18 will use it, check the Flight Planning tutorial on the top of the forum.