Author Topic: Jetways at KFLL not working **SOLVED**  (Read 11808 times)

portanav

• Retired (BWIA-Caribbean Airlines)
    • My Boeing B738NG Sim Build.
Jetways at KFLL not working **SOLVED**
« on: May 13, 2015, 12:53:36 am »
Hi;

Why are most of my jetways not working? When I try to activate a jetway it just vibrates at the end that attaches to the aircraft. I made sure to check if I had any other KFLL AFCAD files in the system, none. What I do have is "Ultimate Traffic 2" but I do not think it has any AFCAD files as I checked an found none.

The jetways that do work do not attach correctly to the aircraft, or are on the right side of the aircraft. Below is a quote from a topic started in 2012 with the same problems I have.

Quote "jevon:
Not sure if this is related to the latest COUATL engine update or not, but jetways are totally messed up at several gates I tried at KFLL. It appears that the wrong jetway is being activated when pressing CTRL-J. The a/c is the PMDG 737-800. Pics are from gates B9 and C9. I do know that prior to the update there were no issues. This is with the latest version of KFLL, and after rebooting FSX after the COUATL update.

Can anyone else confirm this? Thanks."

Looking forward to all help.

Thanks,
Michael.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 03:46:26 pm by virtuali »
regards, MICHAEL.

System: Win10/64, I7/6400, GTX 1080, P3Dv5.2, Prosim737 v2.31, Prosim Flt. Model B738

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways at KFLL not working
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 01:13:23 pm »
As explained many times already on the forum, GSX, Couatl, the Addon Manager, do not have ANY effect on jetways. Clear proof of this: if those programs are not running, the ONLY thing you'll see in the scenery are....jetways.

This because they are the ONLY thing not handled by any of our products, they are part of the scenery AFCAD and they work if:

1) Your airplane has the [Exits] section correctly setup

AND

2) You have the "Advanced Animations" flag enabled

AND

3) You don't have another AFCAD in conflict. The most common cause of such conflicts are AFCADs supplied with AI Traffic packages, like TrafficX, MyTraffic, etc. You can search for AFCAD duplicates using the free FSX Airport Scanner utility.

An AFCAD in conflict might cause exactly that problem: jetways in the wrong place, or activating from the wrong parking.

portanav

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 02:29:25 am »
As explained many times already on the forum, GSX, Couatl, the Addon Manager, do not have ANY effect on jetways. Clear proof of this: if those programs are not running, the ONLY thing you'll see in the scenery are....jetways.

This because they are the ONLY thing not handled by any of our products, they are part of the scenery AFCAD and they work if:

1) Your airplane has the [Exits] section correctly setup

AND

2) You have the "Advanced Animations" flag enabled

AND

3) You don't have another AFCAD in conflict. The most common cause of such conflicts are AFCADs supplied with AI Traffic packages, like TrafficX, MyTraffic, etc. You can search for AFCAD duplicates using the free FSX Airport Scanner utility.

An AFCAD in conflict might cause exactly that problem: jetways in the wrong place, or activating from the wrong parking.

I am sorry; but the problem with the jetway is created by FSDT KFLL. I searched using FSX Airport Search and found no duplicate AFCAD files, I even changed the BGL extension for the stock airport so there was no AFCAD except the FSDT AFCAD and the jetway still does not work. With the scenery I used before, the jetways worked great, even with the FSX's stock scenery the jetway worked. It is only since I installed FSDT KFLL that the jetway does not work. It is also affecting the loading of Ultimate Traffic 2 AI into FSX, when FSDT KFLL scenery is installed there is no AI traffic in the sim.
I use other FSDT scenery (GSX and KJFK2) and have no problems at all. In fact, I am surprised of this problem with your scenery, as I think your scenery is one of the best, if not the best available. I have decided to uninstall your KFLL scenery and revert to the scenery I used before, I'll await a newer version/s, when the problem is corrected, before I reinstall your KFLL.

Thanks,
Michael.
regards, MICHAEL.

System: Win10/64, I7/6400, GTX 1080, P3Dv5.2, Prosim737 v2.31, Prosim Flt. Model B738

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 10:05:11 am »
I am sorry; but the problem with the jetway is created by FSDT KFLL.

No, it's not. Otherwise everybody else would have reported it by now.

You said "most of my jetways not working", which clearly is not the case. Now, it would be different if you said something like "parking XX jetway doesn't work, all the others do", which might be a problem of the scenery AFCAD that we might have to check.

But NOT "most of my jetways", which seems to indicate you have tested them all, and the majority of them isn't working. This isn't clearly happening, and nobody ever reported before, so no, it's not a problem of the scenery, but a conflict caused by something else.

Unless, with "most of my jetways not working", you really meant that you tried 1-2 of them, got unlucky and got the ONLY 1-2 which might *really* have a problem, and assumed they are all like that.

With the scenery I used before, the jetways worked great, even with the FSX's stock scenery the jetway worked.

Then you must be sure this scenery has been really disabled, no leftover files from it are there anywhere in the sim, and you have restarted FSX after applying all the changes.

It is only since I installed FSDT KFLL that the jetway does not work.

Please indicate exactly.

- all parking where jetways are not working

- which airplane you use

- how you park the airplane. The position where you park has an effect so, to be sure this is not the problem, test the parking using the default position from the FSX "Go To Airport" menu.

It is also affecting the loading of Ultimate Traffic 2 AI into FSX, when FSDT KFLL scenery is installed there is no AI traffic in the sim.

KFLL works with any AI traffic package without any problems so, if you don't see any AI traffic, seems to be further indication you STILL have an AFCAD in conflict, since those might just cause AI to disappear.

It's not the first time we heard reports from users that didn't found any duplicates AFCAD with the FSX Airport Scanner, but the duplicate file *were* there, and had to be removed manually. The FSX Airport Scanner utility cannot detect ALL conflicts. For example, AFCADs originally made for FS9 and used in FSX might not be detected.

I have decided to uninstall your KFLL scenery and revert to the scenery I used before, I'll await a newer version/s, when the problem is corrected, before I reinstall your KFLL.

That would be the wrong course of action, since this "unnamed" product might well be what caused the problem (more precisely, its not complete removal) in the first place.

portanav

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 12:16:44 pm »
Well, after that lovely breakdown of my remarks, I can only tell you this:

1.  The only KFLL scenery I ever added to FSX consisted of one AFCAD file which I got from "Fly Away Sim", and before I installed your scenery I deleted that file from the addons scenery folder.

2.  To make it really clear of AFCAD conflicts I renamed the FSX stock KFLL file "APX26220.BGL" to APX26220.BAK.

3.  I did not try all gates (that's crazy) but I tried B1,C5,C6,C7,F1,F2,F8,F9,H1,H10(?), and only B1 and F9 worked but for F9 I was not parked at that gate, but parked at F8.

4.  As I said before, I have two of your other products GSX and KJFK2 and FlightBeam KIAD and do not have any problems them, they all work perfectly.

5.  My airplane is the "Boeing 738 from Prosim 737" (http://prosim-ar.com/) for their avionics suite which has no problems with any of my FSX or Addon airports.

6.  To prove I did remove all AFCAD's for KFLL, after removing my addon KFLL, renaming the FSX stock airport, and before installing your KFLL airport, I ran FSX and went to KFLL airport, and all that was seen was one square building, nothing else. Screen image attached.

7.  Ultimate Traffic 2 works perfectly at all airports, including with the addon KFLL from Fly Away Simulations, when your KFLL airport is not installed, .

Hence, my conclusion that it was your airport scenery. I am no computer programmer or scenery designer so I could be wrong with my conclusion, but based on all I tried, and the fact that I never added any KFLL airport addon to my FSX scenery except for the one mentioned and your airport scenery, I think is was a reasonable assumption.

Anyhow, I would like to use your airport scenery for KFLL but until I can get it working properly, like my other airport scenery, I will have to leave it out; as much as I like it.

Thanks for your opinion, remarks and suggestions.
Michael.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 06:54:30 pm by portanav »
regards, MICHAEL.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 01:32:48 pm »
2.  To make it really clear of AFCAD conflicts I renamed the FSX stock KFLL file "APX26220.BGL" to APX26220.BAK.

You should not do this, because you might lose some navaids. The default AFCAD is not a problem.

3.  I did not try all gates (that's crazy) but I tried B1,C5,C6,C7,F1,F2,F8,F9,H1,H10(?), and only B1 and F9 worked but for F9 I was not parked at that gate, but parked at F8.

I tried F1, F2, H1 and F9 and they all work. F9 works when parked at F9.

C5, C6 and H10 all work, but they require to be parked a *bit* farther from the building, because the FSX animation system can't handle the small distance between the building and the parking. You don't notice this in a default scenery, because the building is not modeled accurately.

5.  My airplane is the "Boeing 738 from Prosim 737" for their avionics suite which has no problems with any of my FSX or Addon airports.

I don't know what that is, I tried with the default 737, which should be close enough (size, doors positions, etc.)

7.  Ultimate Traffic 2 works perfectly at all airports when your KFLL airport is not installed, including the addon of KFLL from Fly Away Simulations.

Ultimate Traffic 2 works perfectly at KFLL. The screenshots on the KFLL web page are taken with it. We don't test with any other traffic products. See the attached scrrenshot I've just taken now. Not only UT2 AI are there, but they work with jetways too, although it would be best to use the option in UT2 to disable them, to save fps.

Anyhow, I would like to use your airport scenery for KFLL but until I can get it working properly, like my other airport scenery, I will have to leave it out; as much as I like it.

Maybe you have the program outdated. Try to reinstall KFLL and be sure to reply YES to the question about downloading the latest AFCAD.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 01:50:46 pm by virtuali »

portanav

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 03:16:19 pm »
Thanks very much again for your reply. I will try another installation (using version 1.5.4 keeping my fingers crossed), and hope that it works. I have noted your suggestions and will implement them to see what happens.
My next planned purchase from you is O'Hare Airport, are you planning to create any scenery for KMIA?

By the way my boeing model was designed by Prosim (http://prosim-ar.com) to work with their avionics suite (Prosim 737).

Best Regards,
Michael.
regards, MICHAEL.

portanav

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 10:41:12 pm »
UPDATE

IT WORKS NOW.

I installed the KFLL airport scenery after checking FSX to make sure I had no AFCAD's conflicting, renamed the default KFLL AFCAD (APX26220) back to BGL, and repositioned the aircraft at the gate further from the terminal and all seems to be working now (including UT2). It appears that UT2 does not load when the aircraft is initialised to close to the terminal at the gate. I am not sure if this is possible, but if I let FSX place the aircraft at the default gate position, UT2 does not load, it will only load if the aircraft is set at a gate position that allows the jetway to work.

Anyhow, all is working nicely now.

Thanks for all the helpful remarks,
Michael.
regards, MICHAEL.

downscc

Re: Jetways at KFLL not working **SOLVED**
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 10:05:41 pm »
Similar finding here (no UT2 involved).

The Ctrl+J will not activate the jetways when parked at location set by your AFCAD on my workstation. If I slew back a few feet then all works as expected. For example KFLL Gate C6 parking is assigned at location N2604.43W08008.47 but aircraft needs to be nudged a few feet away from the terminal building to be within range of the jetway at N2604.43W08008.48. Distance moved is 17 ft as measured with ADEX.  Aircraft is a PMDG B739.

This is very odd, such a finding would be expected by all but if only a few then I am stumped. It will only take me a few minutes per gate to adjust the AFCAD by resetting parking locations or better yet adjusting jetway location to accommodate surface textures. This is the only FSDT product I've experienced this issue with, puzzling in a word.

Dan Downs KCRP