Author Topic: Pushback truck disappeared  (Read 1842 times)

Simon 30

Pushback truck disappeared
« on: May 08, 2015, 08:12:18 am »
GSX is a great product and I´ve had lots of fun with it. But now something strange has happened: The pushbacktrucks have disappeared - eveything else is still working, incl. the marshaller walking beside the invisble truck.:-)
The Couatl engine and the addon manager are both present in the FSX addons menu.
I´ve searched the forum for help and come to the conclusion that my problem must be related to FSX.cfg and/or exe.xml.
First of all - I have 3 of both of them: fsx.cfg, fsx.cfg.txt and fsx (FA_Backup).cfg. And: exe(2).xml, exe.xml and exe.xml_Before_Addon_Manager. I suspect that this is at least four too many but which of them sholud I delete?
And another question: Do I need to have a [GSX] section in the FSX.cfg? It issn´t present in any of my current three versions - however, there is a [FSDREAMTEAM] section. But that may be related to the fact that I also have sceneries from FS Dream Team installed.
Any help is much appreciated - GSX really enhances the flight sim experience...
Simon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback truck disappeared
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 10:21:11 am »
The pushbacktrucks have disappeared - eveything else is still working, incl. the marshaller walking beside the invisble truck.:-)

Please be sure you are using the latest GSX version. Or, download and install one of the vehicle update installer ( the last one, 5, should be ok )

I´ve searched the forum for help and come to the conclusion that my problem must be related to FSX.cfg and/or exe.xml.

The XML don't have anything to do with this, if you had a problem with them, the program wouldn't start, so you wouldn't see anything, not just the Pushback.

First of all - I have 3 of both of them: fsx.cfg, fsx.cfg.txt and fsx (FA_Backup).cfg. And: exe(2).xml, exe.xml and exe.xml_Before_Addon_Manager. I suspect that this is at least four too many but which of them sholud I delete?

You should delete the FSX.CFG in order to let FSX create a new one from scratch.

And another question: Do I need to have a [GSX] section in the FSX.cfg? It issn´t present in any of my current three versions

No, you don't.

- however, there is a [FSDREAMTEAM] section. But that may be related to the fact that I also have sceneries from FS Dream Team installed.

That's correct. Problems in the FSX.CFG that might eventually cause this problem are NOT those related to our lines (our installers wouldn't intentionally put settings that would cause issues with our products), but are other settings/tweaks that sometimes are suggested to be added, but are not good for your system, that's why we said to try with all default setting first.

But before you do that, first be sure you have the current set of vehicles installed, which can be obtained either by downloading and installing the current GSX FULL installer, or by downloading and installing one of the vehicle update installers.