Author Topic: Missing textures  (Read 9111 times)

skysurfer

Missing textures
« on: May 07, 2015, 12:25:24 am »
I have noticed today that textures are missing again in ORD, just jetways and no buildings. Last changes was installing beta Couatl 3 engine as it was suggested. Earlier I had CTD and pop up message stating that Couatl stopped working.
I run FSX Steam. 

Thx

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing textures
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 09:28:18 am »
The usual question: do you have BOTH the Addon Manager AND the "Couatl powered products" under the FSX "Addons" menu now, when buildings are missing ?

If the Couatl menu is visible, are buildings missing *entirely*, or you see some parts of it, or maybe they appear if you get closer ?

And, it's not very clear from your message, if the pop-up message stating that Couatl has stopped working happened BEFORE you installed the Couatl 3 Public Beta, and it was fixed by installing it, or it's still happening now.

skysurfer

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 09:55:17 pm »
Thanks for the reply.

do you have BOTH the Addon Manager AND the "Couatl powered products" under the FSX "Addons" menu now, when buildings are missing ?

Well. Both were there and now it is only Addon Manager.Glad you asked me to check on that.

If the Couatl menu is visible...

Not anymore.

are buildings missing *entirely*, or you see some parts of it, or maybe they appear if you get closer ?

I see hangars and jetbridges. No terminals.

if the pop-up message stating that Couatl has stopped working happened BEFORE you installed the Couatl 3 Public Beta, and it was fixed by installing it

I think it fixed it. No CTD and no pop up messages since ten. I flew several times after installations and it worked well.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 11:35:57 pm »
If the Couatl menu is visible...

Not anymore.

That's the main problem.

I think it fixed it. No CTD and no pop up messages since ten. I flew several times after installations and it worked well.

If you don't see its menu, nothing has fixed. Since it's not running, it cannot crash, of course...

- Uninstall the Stand Alone Addon Manager Public Beta. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the Stand Alone Addon Manager Public Beta with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu

skysurfer

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 07:05:07 am »
I did exactly what you suggested. I still do not have Couatl menu in FSX. Not sure but I may need to reinstall ORD.  :-\
Thx

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 10:24:24 am »
I did exactly what you suggested.

Have you being asked permission to run it after you launched FSX for the first time after the uninstall/reinstall procedure ?

If you don't remember, do it again, and be SURE you do this step:

- Uninstall the Stand Alone Addon Manager Public Beta. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

Then, after the whole procedure, launch FSX and NOT if you are being asked permission to run Couatl, and obviously reply YES if you are. Report back if you aren't.

I still do not have Couatl menu in FSX. Not sure but I may need to reinstall ORD.

Your problem doesn't have anything to do with O'Hare, your problem is that something in your system is blocking Couatl from starting, which most of the time is a defective antivirus, but if it's not, it's usually system libraries missing/corrupted on your system.

skysurfer

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 04:04:53 pm »
Have you being asked permission to run it after you launched FSX for the first time after the uninstall/reinstall procedure ?

Yes

Uninstall the Stand Alone Addon Manager Public Beta. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

Done

if you are being asked permission to run Couatl, and obviously reply YES if you are.

Done. No luck.

most of the time is a defective antivirus

I contacted Kaspersky, everything looks good to us. Did AV reinstallation.

usually system libraries missing/corrupted on your system

Any suggestions how can I check/fix it?

Thx again.

skysurfer

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 04:27:53 pm »
Just guessing. Is there anything wrong with exe.xml file? Maybe something wrong with sections where Couatl presents?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 02:09:09 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2015, 02:10:33 pm »
usually system libraries missing/corrupted on your system

Any suggestions how can I check/fix it?

You can activate the Simconnect diagnostic mode to see what's wrong with your system. Open notepad, and copy the following text:

[SimConnect]
level=errors
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Save the file as SIMCONNECT.INI in this folder:

Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Flight Simulator X files

At the next launch of the sim, you should see a text window with diagnostic message, that should tell what's going wrong. Let me know what you are getting, so we can have an idea what's happening. Only the first 15-20 lines are important. If the scrolling goes too fast, try again and use the "Pause" key on the keyboard to read the first lines of the screen.

skysurfer

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2015, 08:57:08 am »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2015, 11:49:58 am »
Try to change this line:

level=errors

into this:

level=normal

And try again, because there are no errors. When there are no errors, but you don't have any menu, the most likely cause is the antivirus, which is blocking the program before FSX even try to load it.

skysurfer

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2015, 07:15:28 pm »
I received several replies from a hardware forum and I was suggested to run systemchek. So the result is not good. Windows has some corrupted files. I am not sure if it can cause issues with sceneries. Overall PC works fine but corrupted files is not a good sign. I was suggested to reinstall Windows. What a pain.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2015, 09:47:54 pm »
Windows has some corrupted files. I am not sure if it can cause issues with sceneries.

If you have a problem with Windows shared libraries, like Simconnect or the VC++ runtime libraries, it will surely affect all our products and many others too.