Author Topic: Trojans picked up during file upload ** SOLVED, NORTON is defective **  (Read 2683 times)

youngie63

G'day All

Had the issue of GSX missing when opening FSX. Ended up doing another GSX install only to find it disabled EZDOK followed by CTD. After uninstalling GSX all went back to normal. Uploaded the latest version  of GSX without issue, however when I ran the .exe I received a couple of Trojan warnings which were fortunately blocked by Norton - I have attached the Norton report. The application continued to load without further issues.  The Add on Manager is present and I am in the process of testing to ensure all is good.
The main point of the post was to advise of the Trojans.

Regards

Steve Young
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 09:28:54 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Trojans picked up during file upload
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 09:28:41 am »
The only thing you are "advising" here, is the unreliability of Norton, which is notoriously defective and it's the worse offender regarding false positive. This has been discussed so many times already in this forum, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11052.msg85385.html#msg85385

There are NO virus or any other threats in our installers, Norton IS defective. We are really fed up keep sending reports to Symantec, they always reply with the standard copy & pasted reply that "thanks for your report, we'll fix it in the next update". They do, but the bug reappear in subsequent updates, so we really lost hope they'll ever fix it correctly.