Author Topic: 737 PMDG doors issue  (Read 8444 times)

planetalk

737 PMDG doors issue
« on: April 19, 2015, 11:49:46 am »
Hi. I'm new here. I'm sure it's been asked before although a search didn't bring up my question.

I'm having problems with the doors on the 737-800 in the PMDG software. GSX keeps asking me to open doors that don't seem to be there, I can't figure out if  should be using the FMC to open doors or the FSX Shift+E ... which only opens the front left door even followed by the numbers 2,3 or 4.

Is there a definitive tutorial on this anywhere? The manual is more confusing than hepful, for me anyway

Thanks,

Kirk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: 737 PMDG doors issue
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 09:57:26 pm »
The GSX manual doesn't cover this, because your question doesn't have anything to do with GSX. Instead, your question is a question about "how do I open a door in the PMDG 737"

And the reply is, of course, you open it as you always had to do, regardless if GSX was installed or not, which in case of the PMDG 737, means using the specific Doors menu on the FMC.

Now, you are saying "GSX keeps asking me to open doors that don't seem to be there". What door, exactly, is GSX asking you to open ? The PMDG 737 is an internally supported airplane, which means GSX knows about its doors configuration, and it calls the doors using EXACTLY the same names as used by PMDG in the FMC menu.

So, what was the name used by GSX to refer to that door ?

planetalk

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 12:35:07 am »
I will try again. I can't quite remember exactly what was going on except that it kept asking me to open R aft door which was already open. The day before it kept asking me to open cargo doors which were already open.

Thanks for your help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 09:39:25 am »
I will try again. I can't quite remember exactly what was going on except that it kept asking me to open R aft door which was already open. The day before it kept asking me to open cargo doors which were already open.

R AFT door looks like a proper door, which means GSX was using the correct configuration. If it kept asking for the door to be opened, even if it "appeared" to be open, it means the internal PMDG variable wasn't set correctly so, it's not a GSX problem, which simply ask FSX for the value of a variable.

A reason why a variable hasn't been sect correctly, might be a loss of sync between the actual animation and the internal simulation state, happening entierly inside PMDG. This might be caused, for example, by having saved a flight in a certain state, and a failure of the airplane to recall the *entire* state, which includes PMDG-specific states that are not saved with a standard FSX flight.

Check this thread here, and verify this is your case:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11442.0.html