Author Topic: Server Issue?  (Read 4192 times)

golfermd

Server Issue?
« on: April 15, 2015, 06:52:01 pm »
I'm trying to install KORD 2.1, but keep getting the no internet connection message. I've tried a few other FS Dream Team sceneries but keep getting the same message. Since I'm able to login to my account here and start this new thread I obviously have an internet connection. Is the server that hosts the "additional" files down, or have some other problem?

Thanks,

Dan

I tried it again (several times) and now it starts the download process before bombing. There is no consistent file that stops the download. One time it was the Coutl Updater, another was any of the .bgl files, once it looked like it was ready to start the download but bombed before any were downloaded.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 07:22:51 pm by golfermd »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Server Issue?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 07:14:05 pm »
There are no issues with the server and, the Live Update works on two servers at the same time, located in different countries so, in the unlikely case a server is down (none of them is right now) the download would automatically switch to the other one.

Your error message is likely caused by a firewall/antivirus or similar security software, which is not allowing online access to the installer, so it must be turned off when installing.

golfermd

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 07:24:53 pm »
Scratching my head about the firewall because the installers have been working all along. Today they don't. I did not make changes to the firewall prior to this issue.

golfermd

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 07:35:19 pm »
I turned off the firewall (McAfee) but still got the same problem.  ???

Dan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 09:57:18 am »
Then you have another program interfering, maybe an antivirus, or the Windows default firewall.

I ran the KORD installer now, and there are no errors. Nobody else has reported this problem, and I've checked the bandwidth usage on both servers for the last days, and they are totaling the usual daily average, no down peaks (which would appear if there was a server outage), so it's seem the problem is really on your side.

However, this is not really an issue. The installer message you saw said to "Press NEXT to use local files", so the installation will go on, just you might not have the very latest version of files, but if you are using the latest KORD installer, they are very recent anyway, surely for the scenery.

This means, if you cannot fix your firewall/antivirus problem, just press NEXT to continue, so the installation will proceed using the files included in the installer.