Author Topic: Can't do anything with GSX or Addon Manager **SOLVED**  (Read 2666 times)

Ras_2189

Can't do anything with GSX or Addon Manager **SOLVED**
« on: April 29, 2015, 08:04:03 pm »
I have been through almost all of the posts in this forum to do with GSX and addon manager not working. I have had no luck in finding what I need to fix this. I would be willing to do a teamviewer session WITH AN ADMIN at some point as I am only semi computer literate and do not want to make things worse than they already are.

Just some info of what I have tried....

1. re-installing both GSX and Addon manager.
2.Disabling Anti-Virus while Re-installing.
3.Looking at forums here, there and every where.
And Finally
4.Tried looking for the Default FSX Addon manager as Couatl does not work clearly.

Looking very much forward to your reply.

RyanS
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 10:30:55 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can't do anything with GSX or Addon Manager
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 09:26:01 pm »
As clearly explained on the forum, Teamviewer assistance is offered ONLY in a very specific case, which is FSX quitting on Desktop with no error messages, because there are precise reasons why this must be dealt privately.

Your problem doesn't have anything to do with this, and it's just due to some problems with your system preventing to run the software, but since FSX is not quitting to desktop, this will be dealt in the normal way.

4.Tried looking for the Default FSX Addon manager as Couatl does not work clearly.

I don't understand this sentence so, let's try again from the start. Follow this procedure TO THE LETTER:

- Be sure you use the CURRENT version of the installer.

- DOWNLOAD GSX with the antivirus entirely OFF

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- Install GSX with the antivirus entirely OFF. TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Pay attention if you ARE being asked permission to run the two modules. Reply YES to both.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

Ras_2189

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 10:56:50 pm »
I did EXACTLY as your reply said and still nothing happened I had not been prompted with trust of program this time but in a previous attempt I had selected "YES" to both questions for Trust

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 11:25:37 pm »
I had not been prompted with trust of program this time but in a previous attempt I had selected "YES" to both questions for Trust

If you have been prompted in the past, but not now, it means you have skipped this part:

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

Because, this is the part that will reset your previous Trust request.

Another possible reason you are not being asked permission again, is that you have inadvertently Un-trusted us as a Publisher, so nothing signed by us will run.

To fix this, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 11:28:16 pm by virtuali »

Ras_2189

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 04:30:02 am »
 ;D Working now  ;D thanks, quick and to the point. Great support :)