Author Topic: XPOI released!  (Read 11728 times)

RobdeVries

XPOI released!
« on: October 19, 2008, 09:40:35 pm »
Yeah seems great however upon installing my FSX SP2 ACC CDT'ed and after restarting none of the dll (like FCUIPC, Walk and Follow, FSRecorder) wouldn't start. After de-installing XPOI everything was okay again. So what's going wrong here?

Rob
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 11:29:44 pm by RobdeVries »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: XPOI released!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 09:47:47 pm »
Yeah seems great hover upon installing my FSX SP2 ACC CDT'ed and after restarting none of the dll (like FCUIPC, Walk and Follow, FSRecorder) wouldn't start.

That should't simply happen. XPOI installer installs exactly the same set of files, and makes exactly the same modifications to the FSX config files as the latest JFK installer.

Can you please install it again and, please, don't panic if something doesn't work on the FIRST launch ? It's a known FSX bug that, the first time a new module is trusted, there are problems either with that module, or with other modules. The solution is simply to exit FSX then re-launching it again.

EDIT:
moved the post into the new XPOI support section.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 09:51:55 pm by virtuali »

RobdeVries

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 11:31:07 pm »
Okay, I'll try it again! And report back. One more thing I noticed is that after installing, no menu entry is being made. I was hoping for some short cuts to uninstall or documentation.

Rob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 11:43:03 pm »
One more thing I noticed is that after installing, no menu entry is being made

As explained on the manual, there's an "XPOI Settings" sub-menu, that will appear under the "Couatl-powered addons" menu of the main "Addons" menu. This is to stop future cluttering of the Addons menu, since several plug-ins might use the same Couatl engine, so they all appear there.

The first entry of the "Couatl-powered addons" menu is used to customize hotkeys for all plugins.

I was hoping for some short cuts to uninstall or documentation

Like all our products, the documentation can be accessed by pressing the "Manual" button of the Addon Manager, after having selected the XPOI product.

Like all normal Windows programs, the Uninstaller can be accessed under the Windows Control Panel, under the "Add/Remove Programs" (XP name) or "Program and Features" (Vista name)

RobdeVries

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 11:56:43 pm »
Thanks for the feed back. I reinstalled and it works great. Thanks for the help. Seems to be a great program. If it were possible to somehow customize the icons itself it would be even more great!

Thanks,
Rob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 12:00:37 am »
If it were possible to somehow customize the icons itself it would be even more great!

The program is ready for "skinnable" icons, we just need to add the interface to choose between several icons sets and, of course, a couple of icon sets to choose from.

For the first upgrade, we are planning to add navaids (vor, ndb, ils and waypoints) visualization too...

JamesChams

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 12:05:19 am »
Virtuali,
"skinnable" icons with interface to choose between several icons sets and a couple of icon sets to choose from.
....we are planning to add navaids (vor, ndb, ils and waypoints) visualization too...

These are is a great features and I'm looking forward to that;

1. Will it read the AFCAD/BGL files for this info or will it get it from an online database?

2. Also, can we use your browser interface (pic below) to open your sceneries (.pdf) approach plates or other files online?

« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 12:16:25 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 12:24:15 am »
1. Will it read the AFCAD/BGL files for this info or will it get it from an online database?

None of the above: if will just ask FSX to supply the actual navaids data, through Simconnect. So, there will be no need to open BGL files, or to use an online database.

2. Also, can we use your browser interface (pic below) to open your sceneries (.pdf) approach plates or other files online?

This might be a good idea. We just need to find a good interface to allow the user to basically add his own set of bookmarks to be accessed when flying. The embeeded mini-browser is based on the Internet Explorer engine so, it should be able to open every web page, just like IE.

Taubin

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 12:55:10 am »
I have one small question.  After purchasing, the program states it will leave a registry file in the FSX folder for backup in case someone has to re-install.  However, I cannot find the registry file anywhere.  Am I just overlooking it?  I even did a search for *.reg in my program files folder, and am still not finding it, any advice?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 01:22:35 am »
I have one small question.  After purchasing, the program states it will leave a registry file in the FSX folder for backup in case someone has to re-install.

You should have a "FSDreamTeam_XPOI.REG" file in your FSX root. However, depening on system permissions and where you installed FSX, it might work or not automatically.

You can create the file by using the "Backup RegKey" button on the Addon Manager.

However, the .REG file is just a convenience in order not having to type the serial number by hand. When reinstalling, you can just use the "Register Serial", without having to use a .REG file.

Taubin

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 01:30:27 am »
Awesome, thank you very much.  I love this app :D