Author Topic: FSX-SE and Couatl.exe  (Read 2939 times)

contractpilot

FSX-SE and Couatl.exe
« on: March 31, 2015, 08:47:22 pm »
Umberto....have successfully moved all my FDST airports to my new set-up with FSX-SE.  The only problem I have now is every time I start FSX-SE I'm prompted to approve adding Couatl\coualt.exe.

On the initial installation I was prompted to approve the program and then prompted to add it every time I started FSX-SE.

I've attached a screen of the incident...  Thanks for your assistance.

Paul K
KGYR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX-SE and Couatl.exe
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 10:27:44 am »
On the initial installation I was prompted to approve the program and then prompted to add it every time I started FSX-SE.

This has been discussed several times on the forum, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11498.msg88531.html#msg88531

And it's the result of a wrong parameter in your DLL.XML file, just change it as explained in that post.

contractpilot

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 04:12:20 pm »
Umberto...thank you for your response.  I'd looked at the forum discussion you'd referenced, but wasn't sure it applied specifically to my questions.  My question now is....how do I edit the exe.xml?  Opened the file, but unable to make changes.  Checked the file properties and it shows that the read/write option is allowed for System,  (user) and Administrators.    Thank you.

Paul K
KGYR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 05:20:19 pm »
but wasn't sure it applied specifically to my questions.

Sure it does.

how do I edit the exe.xml?

With Notepad. If you double-click on it, it might open Internet Explorer, and that doesn't allow you to edit a file.

contractpilot

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 03:36:35 am »
Umberto....thanks again for your help.  Problem solved.  I really appreciate your support, especially for the computer "literate" people like me.

Paul K
KGYR