Author Topic: Saitek BIP and GSX problem  (Read 2931 times)

supercoup93

Saitek BIP and GSX problem
« on: March 31, 2015, 05:02:06 am »
Is anyone using the Saitek Backlit Information Panel (BIP) having a problem with it conflicting with GSX? It seems that as soon as the Saitek BIP plugin loads, which it does automatically when initializing FSX, I get a message telling me that a DLL file is missing in a Virtualli program. Then it gives me a choice to run the program (yes) or not run it (no recommended). When I run it anyway, it sometimes crashes FSX and sometimes not. When it doesn't crash GSX works fine and so does the BIP panel. If I click no, FSX never crashes and the GSX program does not work. It is probably the Saitek driver that is at fault. I think it steals the 2003 DLL file because when I download the addon manager, GSX works fine again till the next time I run FSX. Has anyone found a work around? I wont give up GSX, I would rather make a lamp out of the BIP panel. Sadly, Saitek, AKA MadCatz, is of no help at all. They tell me it is the Virtualli program at fault of which I know it is not. In fact the Saitek BIP software crashes my TrackIR but I found a work around for that.. I would really appreciate any suggestions.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Saitek BIP and GSX problem
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 10:52:20 am »
Have you tried downloading the latest Addon Manager ? It uses the VC++ 2013 runtimes instead of the 2005 ones so, if there was a problem caused by a faulty driver like the Saitek (it's clearly defective, if it's behaving as you said), it shouldn't be affected by a 2003 .DLL.

Note that, although we switched to the VC++ 2013 runtimes now, each and every FSX addon module WILL still be affected by a problem caused by something that is not friendly to the VC++ 2005 runtimes, because that's what Simconnect itself uses so, any other Simconnect addon would be affected, which explains why the Saitek driver affect the TrackIR driver too, since that's using Simconnect too, and so it requires that no other module would screw up with the VC++ runtimes.

What Saitek has to say regarding their driver crashing TrackIR too ? Are they still insisting it's "Virtuali fault" ?

supercoup93

Re: Saitek BIP and GSX problem
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 04:51:02 am »
Hello:
I had downloaded the addon manager and tried the BIP panel again. It did not work out. In fact, after I deleted the BIP plugin software, I still had problems initializing FSX and GSX would cause that applet box to open telling me of the missing DLL file. Once I removed the Saitek BIP plugin, and downloaded the addon manager again, all is well. Saitek made a very nice information panel but they should have spent some more time on their software. it's a shame, it is a nice addition to a cockpit but completely useless if you use any other third party addons. Saitek, in it's day was a great company. Since they sold out to MADCATZ it has lost it's stature. As far as MADCATZ  software is concerned, they don't know weather they're on foot or horseback. They offer ridiculous possible fixes like delete all Saitek drivers and reinstall them. Like I haven't done that 4 times over. As far as TrackIR is concerned, it is from a company by the name of Natural Point. They are a software company that has been around for many many years in fact over 35 years ago they were the first to develop the "touch pad" mouse. Speaking to the people at Naturalpoint and speaking to Madcatz, is like night and day. Also, conversing with Virtualli and Madcatz is like night and day. I know it's not a problem with your software as it's not a problem with TrackIR software. It seems to me, and I'm not a software writer, that the BIP plugin software utilizes the DLL file of other software to run and in so doing renders the other software unusable, sort of like vampire software. The Saitek BIP plugin renders two of my other addons and pieces of software useless, so who is the culprit. I wont do away with GSX, I love it and TrackIR is a nescessity for me since I run seven monitors so I'll just rewire and light up the BIP for asthetics and leave it disconnected. I only posted this to let anyone else that is thinking of getting the BIP panel that it does conflict with GSX and other addons. There is no fix. I have spent the last two months trying every aspect of making it work short of installing the SPAD drivers which I wont do and shouldn't have to. You guys do great work. I wanted also to let you know that this problem does exist and if you come across anyone with a problem such as this, you could tell them there is no workaround. Trust me, if there was I would have found it. so, Just a quick "Thank You" for a great program and for all the updates you keep coming through with and keep up the good work.

supercoup93