Author Topic: P3D 2.5 + 2.4 KLAX V2 default runway textures showing- not FSDT runway textures  (Read 6238 times)

manihell

Hello,

I just purchased KLAX V2. I tried the demo before hand with no issues. After activating KLAX V2, I noticed P3D default runway textures were showing- everything else seems to be in order. When switching to F10 view FSDT textures show for a sec then return to default. I have since done a full reinstall with FSDT as my only addon. It's listed at the top of my scenery priority list. There seems to be no chance of AFCAD issues given this is my only addon at the moment. I've tried uninstall / reinstall of everything numerous times. I've also cleaned appdata, local, roaming, reg with each install. I've downloaded the current addon manager... I've searched the forums extensively. I've really spent way too much time trying to diagnose this problem for $38... Not to mention all the work I will have to do to reinstall all of the other addons again.

Any information would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I tried the demo before hand with no issues. After activating KLAX V2, I noticed P3D default runway textures were showing

I'm sorry, but this is plain not possible. Do you recall having download something else to activate the scenery ? Surely no. The scenery is exactly ( 100%, bit-by-bit IDENTICAL ) regardless if it's active or not. Activating the won't change a SINGLE BIT in the scenery itself so, it's not technically possible that a scenery would run any different in Trial version compared to when it's being activated.

So, the only possible options to explain this are:

- The problem was already there in the Trial, but you haven't noticed it

OR

- You installed something else in the meantime which caused it.

I've tried uninstall / reinstall of everything numerous times. I've also cleaned appdata, local, roaming, reg with each install. I've downloaded the current addon manager... I've searched the forums extensively. I've really spent way too much time trying to diagnose this problem for $38...

Well, of course you don't have to do this "for 38$", since the Trial is there for the precise reason to allow you to test if the scenery doesn't conflict with something else in your installation BEFORE purchasing it. That's the whole point of having a Trial to begin with. As I've said, a change in appearance before/after the Activation is not technically possible.

Not to mention all the work I will have to do to reinstall all of the other addons again.

Who told you you have to reinstall all the other add-ons again. In fact, there wasn't any need to uninstall/reinstall the scenery itself so, all the time you lost, it's because you are assuming the scenery has a problem, when in fact the most likely cause it's a conflict caused by something else.

If the scenery had this problem, we would have a lots of reports of it by now, but instead, the problem as you are reporting here, which if I understand correctly is:

"FSDT textures showing up for 1 second, then default appears"

Has never reported before so, it's clearly a problem specific for you issue.

So, now that we clarified the scenery is not the problem, we can start troubleshooting what the real issue might be. First, what do you mean with "FSDT textures" ?

JUST the runway textures, as it looked like from the start of your message, or all the ground textures or, maybe, all the airports textures ? If it's just runway textures from default, the problem is clearly another scenery AFCAD in conflict. If it's not, then please clarify exactly what elements from default scenery you are seeing.

manihell

Right now I only have P3D 2.5 installed with KLAX V2. The only textures that seem to be missing are the runway textures which are showing default textures. Previously when I had REX installed I was able to change the textures to their textures- which would make sense... The wheels of the aircraft can be seen submerged slightly in the runway textures. I was saying when I switch views to F10 FSDT KLAX V2 runway textures load momentarily but quickly revert back to default P3D textures.

Thanks for any information.

manihell

What leads me to believe this is an issue with your product is that every other product I own installs without issue.

I look forward to hearing any suggestions.

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I think the problem is the same as in this thread here, related to KDFW:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9527.msg88693.html#msg88693

Reinstall KLAX and be sure you say Yes to the question about downloading the latest AFCAD, which will fix this issue that has been introduced by latest P3D releases, they changed the rendering priority of runways, and they will always "win" against a photoreal background. Never happened in previous version, doesn't happen in FSX.

manihell

Hi,

I currently have all textures showing. I had to alter some of the files in the default scenery .bgl located in folder 0202. Next I downloaded the addon manager you linked in a previous thread related to the sim crashing with P3D. That combination seems to have fixed my problem.

Thanks.

windshear

Can I ask you to please do more work on your AFCADs? They are terrible in terms of parking and airline assignments, terribly out of date and often completely wrong, that's why I rarely want to update the AFCADs but now I am forced to unfortunately
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Can I ask you to please do more work on your AFCADs? They are terrible in terms of parking and airline assignments, terribly out of date and often completely wrong, that's why I rarely want to update the AFCADs but now I am forced to unfortunately

It's not possible to even *start* considering working on this, with such blanket statement about the AFCAD being "terrible" or "completely wrong".

Instead, make a complete and precise list of what you think it's wrong, how you would like to be changed into, and possibly some data sources.