Author Topic: Mexico City Benito Juarez  (Read 9996 times)

mikeflorence13

Mexico City Benito Juarez
« on: October 19, 2008, 03:16:09 am »
are there plans for mexico city benito juarez because there are no good payware addons for that airport

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
Re: Mexico City Benito Juarez
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 09:28:48 am »
are there plans for mexico city benito juarez because there are no good payware addons for that airport

No plans at moment sorry.

mikeflorence13

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 05:02:27 pm »
hope there are plans in the future

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 02:10:44 am »
Honolulu??? PHNL??

Never been done to quality. Not even a good freeware release. Well there is one scenery for fs9, but it is mainly default.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 05:30:19 pm »
Honolulu??? PHNL?? Never been done to quality. Not even a good freeware release. Well there is one scenery for fs9, but it is mainly default.

http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/review/hono/hono.htm

And guess who made it...Honolulu would be very nice, but we lack the proper documentation at this time. These days, with the increased graphics capabilities, we need more precise docs and pictures comparing to 2002.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 05:32:04 pm by virtuali »

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 12:08:16 am »
I have some pictures. But they are not great. I did not know about that scenery that you posted. I would love to get a hnl scenery. If you would like there a bunch of people over at A.net that would im sure love to get pics of the airport for you guys.

Silverbird

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 04:36:31 am »
I have some pictures. But they are not great. I did not know about that scenery that you posted. I would love to get a hnl scenery. If you would like there a bunch of people over at A.net that would im sure love to get pics of the airport for you guys.

Hi bkircher I own that scenery it was available from lago a few years ago. it was the first gmax scenery for flight simulator, in fact I still use it till this day. virtuali was the one that was the developer on that scenery. hopefully someone that lives in Hawaii can make this a reality for fs again! I could honestly imagine how great it would look! so I still have hope that it will come one day it would be a very fantastic place to fly too. I do remember Umberto mentioning that he wanted to remake this airport awhile ago, it really sucks that info is hard to get. :(
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 04:38:33 am by Silverbird »
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

_Dre_

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 05:28:48 am »
Honolulu??? PHNL?? Never been done to quality. Not even a good freeware release. Well there is one scenery for fs9, but it is mainly default.

http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/review/hono/hono.htm

And guess who made it...Honolulu would be very nice, but we lack the proper documentation at this time. These days, with the increased graphics capabilities, we need more precise docs and pictures comparing to 2002.

I would love to see a new Honolulu. I've been begging for that one over at Flytampa for a while now (along with Beijing). However, I wonder what your (FSDT) thoughts are on a brand new Rome Fiumincino (LIRF). I have the ISD version but it's really showing it's age.

It meets a couple of criteria for being made by any high quality developer: 1) The version on the market is old, and isn't likely to be updated by ISD. 2) This a top class airport in terms of being a mega hub and a top international destination. 3) For FSDT specifically, since you guys are kind of back in Europe I would hope it would be of interest to you. 4) Last but not least, It's popular enough so it should sell well as a payware aiport. Plus when you add the factor of FSDT's high quality even people who didn't know or care for LIRF would probably buy it because of how good it looks.

I'm just curious about your thoughts of an FSDT Rome Fiumincino.
Andre-FS9
AES Super User.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 11:21:06 am »
I'm just curious about your thoughts of an FSDT Rome Fiumincino.

Alessandro did LIRF for Lago already, so we have some experience with that airport already. It's obvious that, in the even we'll ever do an italian airport, it can't be anything except LIRF. However, we are very, very cautious about doing italian airports. We tried several times already, and we always had disappointing sales results. Basically, we should be sure of its international appeal before begin, because we just can't  rely on the italian market.

_Dre_

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 01:15:36 pm »
Interesting. It seems that I have missed the Lago boat entirely. That's now two airports I'm interested in that they have done and I didn't know about them until you put the link up for the Honolulu review.I tried the link from the review but it was dead. Is Lago still around? If they no longer exist please reconsider doing these airports (PHNL and LIRF).

I understand your point about the Italian market but I hope you understand that FSDT is at the point now where anything you make will sell well. Before only FT had that reputation.
Andre-FS9
AES Super User.

Rafal

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 01:56:05 pm »
It's obvious that, in the even we'll ever do an italian airport, it can't be anything except LIRF
What about Malpensa? :)

Best regards,
Rafal
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 02:03:12 pm »
I tried the link from the review but it was dead. Is Lago still around? If they no longer exist please reconsider doing these airports (PHNL and LIRF).

Yes, LAGO is still alive, they are now part of a big italian company, which distribute and publish videogames for all sort of platforms, I think they are not interested in the flight sim market anymore.

The sceneries are still sold on simmarket, though.

With regard to PHNL specifically, the main issue is the lack of proper updated documentation, especially aerial photos in 3d taken from all angles.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 04:23:26 pm »

Unfortunately, the support link to Lago homepage gives an http 400 error, and you won't get support from simmarket.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

thepilot

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2008, 04:34:39 pm »

Unfortunately, the support link to Lago homepage gives an http 400 error, and you won't get support from simmarket.

I suppose they just want to make some bucks with their 'addons', so you can't really expect support...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2008, 04:37:13 pm »
Unfortunately, the support link to Lago homepage gives an http 400 error, and you won't get support from simmarket

The support forum is here:

http://forum.videogame.it/index.php

And they have sales support via email. On the forum, Lago never did much support to begin with, it was us (as usual) who replied to technical questions. Not that these products required much support, they were much simpler than the current ones, with less features, and didn't used any kind of activation, which usually requires to have a much active support from the developer.