Author Topic: Major Texture Issues -- Please help!!  (Read 6900 times)

mpolera

Major Texture Issues -- Please help!!
« on: March 20, 2015, 08:43:20 pm »
Hello:

I'm really hoping you can assist me with this as it's starting to ruin my FSDT experience. 

For some reason there seems to be major texture issues with KIAH and CYVR. I'm not talking about a couple seconds of black-outs or fuzzy screens while the textures load. I'm talking about complete texture shut down that renders these add-ons useless.  I love your products and plan to purchase more but I really need to know why this is happening!! 

As you can see from the photos, upon arrival (or departure) in the vicinity of these airports I start to get strange things on my screen. Sometimes when this happens it goes away by itself after a few seconds at other aiports, but with the FSDT airports everything turns black. Literally. It doesn't seem to matter what aircraft is used, as it happens to all of them. 

Please help!!

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Major Texture Issues -- Please help!!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 10:38:31 am »
That's clearly video memory corruption that doesn't have anything to do with any of our products, and it's caused by wrong video settings,  wrong tweaks or simply too much video memory used by the combination of products you use.

Try all of these:

- Update your video driver

- Reset your video driver settings to default

- Reset the FSX settings to default, by removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG

This will force FSX to rebuild a new config with all default settings. After doing this, be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak in the Addon Manager, save the settings and restart FSX.

mpolera

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 05:07:12 pm »
Hello and thank you for your response.  I too initially thought that it was a video memory issue but through my own testing, as well as some done by the company that built my rig, it has been determined that this is not the case.  I can fly to any airport in the world without issue -- the issues I reported only happen when I come in the vicinity of the FSDT airports.  I'm not suggesting that there's a problem with your products at all (I also have and love GSX and that works all the time without issue), but I'm wondering if there's any specific tweaking or configurations that you may know of that may be able to correct this issue? 

After the video memory testing was complete I followed your instructions and removed the .cfg file, fired up the system again and still had the same result.  I checked the add-on manager and the high mem fix was already selected, and I even turned the force HD textures button to off to see if this helped.  Nothing did.  Tests were done with texture max loads of both 1024 and 4096 and the problems persisted in both cases. 

Can you offer any possible solutions or tasks for me to attempt in an effort to rectify these issues and return my sim experience to normal? 

Thanks in advance. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 11:04:36 am »
I too initially thought that it was a video memory issue but through my own testing, as well as some done by the company that built my rig, it has been determined that this is not the case.  I can fly to any airport in the world without issue -- the issues I reported only happen when I come in the vicinity of the FSDT airports.

It IS a video memory problem or a driver problem or a FSX.CFG tweaks problem.

Fact it only happen close to an FSDT airport doesn't mean it's not a video problem you already had. It simply means that, the other sceneries/products you have, don't use the video card as fully as our sceneries do, so you don't have the chance to notice a problem with your card/driver/settings on other sceneries, because they don't use the features that have bugs.

After the video memory testing was complete

Memory corruption doesn't have anything to do with video memory being defective so, if with this you mean you used some kind of diagnostic tool to check if the video card memory was fine, it's not what I meant.

VRAM corruption it's an entirely software issues, caused by video drivers bugs, video settings wrong, FSX tweaks that shouldn't be applied, entries in the registry related to old video driver versions or simply too much memory taken by memory hungry add-ons like airplanes, or ANY combination of this.

Can you offer any possible solutions or tasks for me to attempt in an effort to rectify these issues and return my sim experience to normal? 

I already listed all the solutions. Try them ALL. The only additional step you can try, is to use a driver cleaner before reinstalling the video drivers, like this one:

http://www.guru3d.com/content-page/guru3d-driver-sweeper.html