Author Topic: Tug Wheels Missing - What is it with FSDT & Texas Airports?  (Read 9936 times)

jordanal

Come on FSDT... KIAH v1.0.2 has the same tug-wheels LOD issue, just like DFW has had since day one.  This is not an issue with ANY other FSDT or FBST scenery (I have all of them) besides DFW, and now KIAH.

KIAH looks great and is everything I've come to expect from FSDT, but can we finally get a fix for this please?  :(

Regards,
Al

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Tug Wheels Missing - What is it with FSDT & Texas Airports?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 06:13:01 pm »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with the airport, and of course with Texas...that's a library object that we use in other places too. It's possible you have the SmallPartRejectRadius set too high, so is throwing away the wheels ?

jordanal

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 06:29:08 pm »
We've been through all this before will Dallas - several times...   In case it helps again; these are my current settings (active during the above screen captures).  Obviously this library object still has issues and when it's used as heavily as it is at DFW and now IAH, it detracts significantly from the scene (they look like the Land Speeders from Star Wars flying across the desert, i.e. tarmac).

Regards,
Al

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 06:37:52 pm »
The issue is, I can see all wheels just fine. What's your zoom setting and your screen resolution ? LOD are affected by it too.

jordanal

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 06:43:28 pm »
2560x1600 @ .70 (default zoom for all PMDG aircraft) and WideViewAspect enabled in the fsx.cfg as recommended by most PMDG Intro docs.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 02:50:19 pm by jordanal »
Regards,
Al

fziker

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 07:42:52 pm »
Having the same issue tugs with no wheels at KIAH and KORD. It seems to be if the vehicle is static then it has wheels but if it's moving it doesn't have wheels until it gets closer and then suddenly sprouts wheels. I am not having this issue with any other purchased airport scenery; specifically KDEN which was acquired recently also. From what I've read the Small part reject radius setting is irrelevant with SP2. It's really annoying! Thanks for any additional thoughts as to how to cure this.
fred

Bob Savo

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 06:32:49 pm »
I used to have this problem also. I tried zoom, reload , different settings, nothing worked. FSX started crashing way to much. I switched to P3D v2.5 ,
same computer same everything. Settings are the same. Now the wheels appearing and disappearing is gone. So it has to be something in FSX not the scenery.

fziker

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 05:31:51 pm »
Thanks for your reply. It's good to know this isn't an issue in P3d. Not sure I'm ready to make the plunge yet but am definitely eyeing the alternatives to FSX box. Not to get wheels on my tugs but am tired of the constant threat of an OOM when landing at a complex scenery airport after a long flight.
f