Author Topic: F/A-18 Hook Bypass Switch Doesn't Work  (Read 4279 times)

Alleyviper7

F/A-18 Hook Bypass Switch Doesn't Work
« on: October 17, 2008, 11:24:13 pm »
     I've been messing around with the F/A-18 quite a bit lately, and, even though I can't tune the Navaids due to some weird unfixable bug, it's been really fun. One thing that annoys me, however, is that if you try to do an angle of attack approach, the AoA indexer always flashes at a slow rate and is difficult to use because of this. I noticed that the AoA indexer works correctly when the hook is down. After doing some research, I learned that this is because of the Hook Bypass switch in the cockpit. If the switch is in the "Carrier" mode, the AoA indexer will flash to remind you and the LSO via the approach lights on the nose gear that your hook isn't down when your gear is. Setting the switch to "Field" should cause the AoA indexer to be solid all the time even with the hook up, but unfortunately the switch is unclickable, and I don't know how to get it flipped via the keyboard.

Does anyone know if you can alter it so I don't have to have the indexer flashing at me during approaches?