Author Topic: help translating terminals and gates from manual map to FSX  (Read 2902 times)

Tozzifan

Hello,
regardless of searching this forum and regardless of scrolling the manual, willing to setup a B737-700 flight to KSFO, and willing to avoid the GSX "unavailable" error due to parking space, I am trying to choose a gate suitable for b737 and GSX operations

I'm sorry but I was not able to translate Navigraph and FSDT manual KLAX map into FSX available gates choice (and that happens also to me with other large airports I purchased, from Orbx and Aerosoft, my bad, because lack of time to dedicate to flying)

please, can anyone point me to any reply, to be able to choose the correct gate into FSX starting position scrolling window, according to the official maps?

thanks
I7-4790 / 1080ti / 32Gb / Creative Fatal1ty / trackIr5 / HOTAS Warthog / 3D vision / OculusCV1 / Saitek Rudder & Trim / CH Quadrant
win7-64 : P3dv44
win10 : P3Dv44 + OculusCV1

Tozzifan

Re: help translating terminals and gates from manual map to FSX
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 03:29:48 pm »

it looks like I've found a solution
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=6951.0

Re: No indication of parking aircraft sizes in FSX at some airports
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 08:47:23 PM »
   Reply with quoteQuote
In any case, such a long explanation but, in fact, Bruce Hamilton posted a very quick summary on how you are supposed to position your airplane with GSX in his post:

Try starting a flight on the active, then taxi off the runway and bring up GSX.  Does it tell you anything is too small for your aircraft?  If it does, select one that isn't, then select warp me there from the follow me menu.  Now you can start your flight from there.

That's exactly how you are supposed to use GSX: instead of positioning to a gate using the FSX menu, go to the active runway, which is always the first option, so you don't even have to think about it, because it's already pre-selected for you. This will load the airport and, as soon as the scenery appears, call GSX and use its own menu to positon to a gate, which will allow you to use the much easier and more informative GSX menu to select the gate, without losing any time reloading the scenery, since the "Warp me there" option moves the airplane immediately, with no reloading time.
I7-4790 / 1080ti / 32Gb / Creative Fatal1ty / trackIr5 / HOTAS Warthog / 3D vision / OculusCV1 / Saitek Rudder & Trim / CH Quadrant
win7-64 : P3dv44
win10 : P3Dv44 + OculusCV1