Author Topic: SimConnect v 10.0.61259.0  (Read 10567 times)

rick66

SimConnect v 10.0.61259.0
« on: March 13, 2015, 05:50:02 pm »
I reinstalled my PHNL into P3d v2.5 latest patch , i have only had 1 ctd which was caused by EZYDOK which used the same serial simconnect as this one 10.0.61259.0, i deleted the EZYDOk version last week after i failed to get it going, now when i reinstalled this scenery its trying to reinstall it, but it locked my pc up and i had to manual restart, so i lost all my entries in my exe.xml for other products and i`m now getting stutters, what i want to know is do i need this version of simconnect for PHNL to function, i don`t use the hangar doors or other FSDT automations, i use GSX only, i`m also meticulous in the way my P3d runs and its not the same as it was before the newest PHNL install.

I did use the latest Installer Umberto and i have all the required updates.

Thanks Rick

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/03/14/IMG_2077.jpg
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 11:50:13 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SimConnect v 10.0.61259.0
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 11:56:10 pm »
When installing Simconnect, our installer doesn't do anything strange or unusual. It simply launch the installer you have in your P3D folder:

\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

Assuming your P3D installation is complete and not missing anything and of course you haven't removed the Simconnect installer. Now, since that installer is not an .exe, but an .MSI file, it's POSSIBLE (assuming the file is there), you have a problem with the default Windows Installer libraries, that are present in every Windows system. In this case, the problem is not even flightsim-related, and it's something that must be fixed at the Windows level.

Do you have the Simconnect installer in that folder ? If yes, are you able to launch it manually ? If yes, we can then start troubleshooting why it's not running from the installer. If not, if the installer doesn't run stand-alone, it's nothing our installer can fix, of course.

rick66

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 04:30:59 pm »
I did get it installed initially first time after my pc locked up, i was just asking if PHNL needs this Simconnect version to show correctly, because i will remove it otherwise, its the FSX SP2 version and i have no other software installed that needs it.

Thanks Rick

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 10:51:58 pm »
I did get it installed initially first time after my pc locked up, i was just asking if PHNL needs this Simconnect version to show correctly, because i will remove it otherwise, its the FSX SP2 version and i have no other software installed that needs it.

No FSX addon module (not just PHNL or other FSDT products) will work into P3D, unless the Simconnect backward compatible library is correctly installed.