Author Topic: Vehicles and Items Stutter  (Read 2599 times)

MrMeeb

Vehicles and Items Stutter
« on: March 14, 2015, 05:31:14 pm »
Recently I have noticed that while using GSX, even at the limited FPS of 27, the vehicles and items (cargo crates) will stutter when they move, as if they have a lower FPS than the rest of the sim. I read another article in the forum about this, and came to the conclusion that it was Simconnect, and eventually started again with a fresh install of FSX due to an actual understanding of what Simconnect actually was. I then installed SP1, SP2 and GSX, and tested the performance on the default A321 but there was still noticeable stutter, which is still present after changing various display settings and also installing Ultimate Terrain X Europe and the Aerosoft Airbus X. The stutter was not increased by these add-ons, which was what I was testing.

I love the product and what it brings to the experience, but the amount of stutter especially in pushback is a real off put. Any ideas?

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Vehicles and Items Stutter
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 10:20:15 pm »
I love the product and what it brings to the experience, but the amount of stutter especially in pushback is a real off put. Any ideas?

See some videos made by users here during Pushback. There's no stuttering (considering the video capture software will surely eats a bit of fps )

It's difficult to say what might cause stuttering in your case. Do you have an *initial* stuttering, which is normal while the textures are loading, or is *constantly* stuttering ? If it's constantly stuttering, than it's sure the problem is not GSX, which is smooth as you can see from these videos.