Author Topic: error reinstalling GSX  (Read 2631 times)

Fccarmo

error reinstalling GSX
« on: March 13, 2015, 01:11:36 pm »
Hello ,

I am just wondering if anyone can help me with this.
I am running FSX over WIN 7 with no problem and I had GSX installed as well running fine. Suddenly happens that GSX doesn't run anynore so I uninstalled by program and features but after trying to reinstall Igot this error:Error whn creating patches vehicles_airport, restoring from backup now and it finishes the installation normally but doesn't work.
I've been reading the forum and following some steps such as turning off the antivirus but didn't help as well.

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: error reinstalling GSX
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 01:22:27 pm »
after trying to reinstall Igot this error:Error whn creating patches vehicles_airport, restoring from backup now and it finishes the installation normally but doesn't work.

The install "error", is not really an error. It's just a message that is alerting you that, since your default vehicles airport .BGL is not original (maybe if you installed a 3rd party replacement ground vehicles set) or it's missing altogether, the installer didn't patch. It can't obviously patch a file that is not there, and it would be too risky patching a file that is not original anymore.

The one and only issue of having failed to patch the default vehicles .bgl, is that you might see two tow trucks, the default and the one from GSX. Of course, if you lost that file and it's just not there, you didn't had default ground vehicles to begin with. But this won't effect GSX in any way.

I've been reading the forum and following some steps such as turning off the antivirus but didn't help as well.

Be sure you use the CURRENT version of the installer.

- DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL with the antivirus entirely OFF

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall GSX with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu